ATC nagging to exit the runway,

Just when you think you have seen and heard it all from MSFS ATC, ----

then AI ATC and AI Pilots get together, and surprise you !!!

I land, I taxi off the runway, “towards” GA Parking and then let the AI Pilot taxi to parking.

He call up ATC, who tells him to taxi back onto the runway, and go around in circles, to get to GA parking !!!

I sat there in amazement, almost falling of my chair in amazement …

taxi

MSFS certainly is “Entertaining

==
On a more serious note … ASOBO are Computer Games Developers.

Maybe once can excuse them for not being Aviation experts, but they should be reasonable expert in Computer Games, with animated characters moving around and interacting with each other,

So why is that expertise not present in MSFS. Why do Ground staff, walk around, passing through each other as if they are Ghosts, and why do planes and other othect COLLIDE, when under AI control ?

Of all things you might expect that side of things to be working well .

What happened to “Social Distancing” ???

Considering the amount of effort they put into making them look lifelike, and move realistically, it certainly bemuses me that the way they are used in the sim.

For me, the tug rarely connects with the wheel, but starts going round the side, then magically reappears at the correct place. After the update, though, I once actually had him disappear completely while still managing to push me back.

Meanwhile, i was looking at one of the ground staff teetering on the back end of a truck, just interested in whether he’d fall off or not.

Then, taxiing to the runway, I had a car literally climb over the barrier to my left, crash onto the ground, but recover in time to dash across in front of me and go racing off goodness knows where.

It seems to be turning into the Keystone Cops (for those of you old enough to remember!), rather than achieving realism.

If you fancy a laugh, try a ramp start, at 15 I think, at KSFO, in a G36. Then ask for pushback. I believe the tug starts on top of a building. :slight_smile:

More like “What happened to this game being G-rated?” lol

1 Like

I was SO TRYING not to go in that direction !!! as tempting as it was…

Adds a whole new meaning to “Ground Services”

This nagging has been an ATC feature in this franchise since… FS2004, I think? :thinking: . It’s part of the “charm”, you see :sweat_smile:

It gets worse when you watch the AI aircraft maintaining 10kts on the runway until the next taxiway …

After many flights in ‘All Players’ mode and seeing many pilots staying stopped on the runway after landing, I think the ATC nagging to exit the runway could be improved by a deliberate crash mechanism.

ATC: For the third time, exit the runway, you have 5 seconds, 5,4,3,2,1 (Crash to Desktop).

CTD’s you don’t need to complain about.
:grin:

2 Likes