ATC Please Shut Up

yep, caught me there!

None of those are useful options for me, and I strongly doubt I am unique in that respect.

• ATC voices off: gets hard to hear ATC that wayā€¦
  • Donā€™t fly with live traffic: Agree with that one, I donā€™t, but AI traffic makes the ATC blabber problem even worse
  • Donā€™t fly with AI traffic: No traffic means - no traffic. Live traffic means hardly any GA traffic in most of the world and airliner traffic does not follow sim time if I set it manually. E.g. fly at night, set time to daytime, no traffic at all on many large European airports because of noise curfews. Live traffic is not useful.
  • Fly on VATSIM: Nothing manned at the times and places where I do much of my flying.

So the only solution is for Microsoft to tell Asobo to fix the ā€œplease expediteā€ bug. Simple fix is to remove that call altogether in SU8 until they get around to fixing the underlying problem in SU29 or thereabouts.

Yea I agree itā€™s a bad bug and they should fix it but for the time being do you really NEED ai aircraft? If you want to use the in game ATC without the expedite bug then you just have to fly with no traffic.

Yes, you are absolutely right, to be able to fly in the meantime we must do somethingā€¦ What I end up doing is to keep AI traffic and only use ATC ground and tower frequencies, sometimes approach if it is not too busy, never center frequencies since those are hopelessly spammed. But that is not a workaround, just a coping mechanism.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I avoid ATC at all and just fly without it, I pretend to give myself the clearances and vectors when I need it. ATC is never perfect in any sim, I gotten used to that, unless you want to use VATSIM which I personally donā€™t like using either, I just listen to the ATIS and takeoff without talking to anybody.

Wrongā€¦ you can also just use the mod I linked to in an earlier post, which gives you in game ATC without any expedite calls

1 Like

My bad, I didnā€™t see that. I never use the in game atc.
Thanks for linking to that.

1 Like

Live Traffic does not depart at all. Thatā€™s why I use AIG Traffic Controller. Once they fix that I think AI should be fine. I think I saw somewhere that AI was going to be fixed in SU8.

Great if that approach works for you. But not at all a solution for the problem.

1. Not everyone can use Live Traffic, in some regions that may in fact just be too boring because there is little traffic. Or as in my case connection speeds at some point are an issue and you have to pick and choose what you want to spend those bits on.
  2. Apparently it does still happen to some folks when they are using Live Taffic.
  3. Vatsim is great and I appreciate the folks who dedicate their time to act as ATC for other folks. But that limits where you can fly, also consumes bandwidth and again is not for everyone.

Really ?? Or do you only have ATC chatter but no longer ATC interaction between the AI airplanes AND interaction betweenyou and the sim ATC ??

Sim ATC works exactly as before when using the mod (so all interactions are there), it just replaces certain ATC phraseology (which includes replacing the ā€˜Expediteā€¦ā€™ phrases with empty strings, which means you wonā€™t hear them any longer).

I think you could even modify the script that the mod runs and distill it down to only replace the Expedite calls and nothing else, but I didnā€™t try it (nor had a need to).

That mod was a godsend for meā€¦

I recently got AIG set up. And it works great,including departing flights.

However, the one thing that bugs me SOOOO much about it is that you canā€™t see the AI planes on your radar / MFD map. Some may be able to ignore this because of the pretty models and liveries and new traffic, but to me, I consider that utterly breaking the functionality of my cockpit. This is a limitation in the sim and not an issue with AIG specifically.

I still use AIG for the models and liveries with Live Traffic and donā€™t use the AIG Traffic Controller.

Yeah soā€¦In the beginning I had all of that chatter in the background. For some reason or another it disappeared and never came back. I miss it. I mean, if it get aggravating I can turn it down. But sometimes I leave it up for white noise. Is there a way to turn it on or off in the ā€œsettingsā€ menu???

OKā€¦thanks for clarifying that. I guess that may be way to ā€œput a bandaidā€ on that issue for me.
I guess since I am flying around 90% in non-US airspace I may be getting a higher degree of realism as a bonus :wink: while getting hoplessly lost with the unfamilar instructions :smiley:

Traffic on MFD with AIGTC works for me.

Are you sure you donā€™t have live traffic in the sim also still enabled? I do, and I can see those planes. But if I look at the AIGTC map screen, those planes donā€™t appear on my G1000. And if I disable Live Traffic and have only AIGTC, I see no traffic on my MFD at all.

I definitely have live traffic off,

Well ā– ā– ā– ā– . I get absolutely nothing on my MFD map when using AIGTC only.

I presume you are clicking the Inject Traffic button in AIGTC?

I am indeed. Seeing all the traffic active around me. Just not on my MFD. I can see the traffic in the AIGTC map. I can see it in LNM. Iā€™m even able to see on my TDS GTNXi.

Canā€™t see it via in-sim systems though - G1000 NXi, G3000 (WT), GNS x30 not GTN750 (PMS50).

Have you tried running it without LNM?