ATC Services missing since SU7 e.g. EGKA - Shoreham Airport no longer towered ATC

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version? Microsoft Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue: After Sim Update 7 EGKA has no live ATC or frequencies assigned to the airport. It is now classed as a minor airport with only a traffic frequency linked to Gatwick. Previous to Sim Update 7 it has its full compliment of Approach, Ground , Services, Tower ATC.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: N/A

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Incorrect ATC frequencies assigned to EGKA. Opened up ATC window.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant: N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: [1.21.13.0]

I definitely remember EGKA having ATC so I just went ot have a look.

I am seeing this:

However I am not using a ā€˜vanillaā€™ sim. It is possible that this issue is caused by an oversight in the AIRAC data cycle that got updated with SU7 and I use Navigraph to supply that information.

I also am not using the default airport, but mkvyā€™s excellent freeware https://flightsim.to/file/11778/brighton-city-airport-shoreham-egka

It would be good if someone else using default sim nav data can reproduce the issue.

I can unfortunately confirm that in Vanilla Sim (no mods) the ATC at EGKA is broken and non-functional in that it is not there, I do get the Tower flash up in the ATC list but everything is blank.

After the fiasco with the Mouse in VR not working and now my local airports ATC not working - Iā€™m ready for a stiff drinkā€¦

2 Likes

@Hicks69uk @MarcG888 I suggest filing a ticket with Zendesk to alert them that the latest AIRAC cycle removed the ATC frequencies from Shoreham. Hopefully it will get rectified in the next AIRAC cycle release.

Same goes for Launeston, Tasmania ymlt that is certainly towered. Have to take off by myself.
Also Malaga, Spain same issue.
Did take all Navigrsph data out prior to update and put it back in promptly.

If this issue is affecting multiple airports following the latest AIRAC cycle then please do report them here and the title of the thread can be changed to something like
ā€œAirports missing towered ATC services since SU7ā€

Note: This must be reported without Navigraph installed. Please state in your post that Navigraph is not installed when tested or say "No Navigraph"

Same goes for EDDF, LFML, EDDP, KJFK, ā€¦ to be continued :angry:
No Navigraph

Just spawned there and got taxi instructions to Rwy 18. No Navigraph. What did I miss? Edit: Shoreham looks fine too.

I just removed Navigraph to test this- reverting to base MS/Asobo supplied nav data.

At KJFK I see:

So no issue.

At EGKA I see:

So no issue.

For those who are experiencing this issue, can you try moving the ā€œfs-base-navā€ folder out of Official/OneStore and re-run MSFS.

Content Manager should prompt you to download the package again. If that fixes the issue then please report back.

If you run into any difficulties just move the ā€œfs-base-navā€ folder back into Official/OneStore.

There was an issue with the latest Navigraph update that deleted all frequencies. It has been fixed and a new upload is available that fixes it. See:

Sorry, but that doesnā€™t fix the problem.

Lucky you are. Iā€™ve got the problem since the SU7 installed yesterday :frowning:

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
pc
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Canā€™t hear any ATC instructions and no text from ATC shows up in ATC window. I can only hear/see my own sound/text. ATIS is gone too.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Tried at several different airports and in different aircraft.
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
I7 9700K, RTX2080, 32GB RAM
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
After SU7

Having the same problem, also lost camera (int /ext) toggle function (END key)

Please join in this B&I report and try this workaround. Weā€™ll close and transfer your posts if we can.

This worked!!! After moving the fs-base-nav folder, then re-starting MSFS, it updated (96.10 MB). Made 3 ILS approaches and landings at KYKM with the Cessna 172 (G1000). I am so glad that I donā€™t have to reinstall MSFS.

1 Like

@ScarceFan16 That is good to hear.

Out of interest, and to be clear, were you missing the ATC options of tower and ground prior to this re-install of the fs-base-nav folder, only being offered the ā€œTrafficā€ ATC option and this re-installation of that package restored the ATC frequencies?

Yes, the normal ATC options with the tower and ground were not available. Choices included were those for non-towered airports, such as ANNOUNCE TAKEOFF - DEPART STRAIGHT OUT, etc.

1 Like

I am reposting this again as it has worked for others and in case it gets missed.

4 Likes

@tamalien Thanks for the fix, removing the folder and re-downloading (was prompted at start up of the sim) fixed the issue at EGKA :slight_smile:

1 Like