ATC Services missing since SU7 e.g. EGKA - Shoreham Airport no longer towered ATC

Afternoon All,

Saw a forum post to reinstall Navigraph as the latest update was corrupted. This fixed the issue for me and now have ATC back at Shoreham. Seen that other simmers have got the same problem with a vanilla build.

Hope everyone can get fixed soon.

1 Like

Problem fixed.

1. Restore backup done prior to SU7
  2. Move content of community folder to another (backup) location
  3. Install SU7 once again
  4. Populate community folder with all mods from backup location
  5. Moving the “fs-base-nav” folder out of Official/OneStore
  6. re-run MSFS
  7. Content Manager downloaded the package again

Et voilĂ !

1 Like

This doesn’t work for me. I moved all addons from my community folder, it is empty. I followed the instruction, removed the fs-base-nav folder, when loading MSFS, content manager prompted with an update but this didn’t fix anything.

Still no ground or tower ATC at major airports, saw this at KSAN, KLAS, EDDM, EDDV and more

Same here, tried LIRF, LOWK and LFMN

Big thanks to tamalien for the ATC fix, my ATC is now back to pre-SU7 update.

1 Like

I tried this, but still only see this option when opening the ATC menu:

Not sure if this is the same issue but can’t find any other info.

Reinstalling fs-base-nav had no effect for me.
This is broken and needs fixing by Asobo.

Tomorrow I’ll try a fresh install of the game. Was hoping to avoid it because I never seem to get very good download speed from the servers.

Probably no need to reinstall the whole MSFS.

If above steps still not work for you (remove fs-base-nav and let MSFS automatically download new package at start), I experienced the same as you guys. Please try these extra steps, it solved for me:

1. Remove Navigraph database
    1. Start the sim and choose any airports that come with ground services and check if ATC and services work (it should work!)
    1. When it works, exit the sim.
    1. Re-install Navigraph database
    1. Start Sim again

It works again for me with those steps (at 3rd-party and Asobo handcrafted/default airports). I think there is a conflict between Navigraph (before SU7) and default Asobo nav database (after SU7), though nothing really changed with Navigraph as they stated in their forum. Look like we just need to “refresh” nav database!

ATC stopped working, all I get is traffic now. Did a complete reinstall last night, thinking it may have issues, as I have a few mods. ATC was working again. Shut down the sim.

Started the sim this morning, back to having traffic only, no Tower coms.

Edit: Further investigation, ATC is working, but the airports I usually fly from no longer have the ATC frequencies listed, namely CYXE, CYQR, CYMJ, and a few others in western Canada. Using LittelNavMap, which will list the airport info from the .bgl files, they only list the flight service frequency now.

The airports listed did have all the ATC frequencies up until patch SU7, as I use these airports all the time.

It appears that there may be corruption in the AIRAC data for those of you who don’t have navigraph and have tried re-installing the fs-base-nav package.

Hopefully the missing ATC frequencies will return in the next AIRAC cycle.

It might be worth filing a ticket with Zendesk specifically mentioning which airports that you have found are affected.

It’s disappointing that we have to rely on third party apps to get complete and accurate AIRAC data. It’s not like the airports that I have listed are out of the way or unknown airports. CYXE and CYQR are international, fully towered airports, and CYMJ is a major Canadian air base, and all three have been on the AIRAC cycle for years.
Also as I went to post this reply, I got the message topic resolved. Unsure how this topic can ne said to have been resolved.

1 Like

I think there are two issues going on in this thread, the second of which only recently seems to have come to light:

Issue 1- Some airports were only offering “traffic services” that a re-installation of “fs-base-nav” fixes; (i.e. resolved)

Issue 2- Some airports seem to still only offer “traffic services”, even after a re-installation of “fs-base-nav” (not resolved- these airports seem to have corrupted AIRAC data and such airports would need to be listed as having this issue- even after a re-installation of “fs-base-nav”)

For issue 2 it would help if confirmation is given that:

1. Navigraph is not being used (re-installing Navigraph fixes these issues if using that data)
  2. A re-installation of “fs-base-nav” has been done
  3. A list of airports still affected by this issue after re-installation is given in subsequent posts reporting there are still issues.

Reinstalling the fs-base-nav doesn’t help it that data isn’t correct or up to date. How do I know this? When FS2020 first came out, an airport showed up on the map south of where I live. I found this peculiar because it is an old airport than hasn’t been used for over 50 years. Subsequent updates removed this airport, but this last update low and behold it’s back. There is no way it would be in any ARINC data since the late 60’s since it’s been decommissioned for one, and hardly anyone outside the Air Force would even know it had been there.

1 Like

So is the problem in the navigraph? if yes we can get a Rev.5 update from them at least to get rid of this error.

There was an issue with navigraph affecting some users as well. However, many of the issues reported in this thread are for those who do not use Navigraph and it appears that there may be some corruption in ATC data for some airports in the recent AIRAC cycle supplied by MS/Asobo.

If anyone is experiencing this issue and is not using navigraph then it is worth checking to see if re-installing fs-base-nav corrects the issue. If it doesn’t then it is worth reporting here which airports are affected and confir that navigraph is not installed.

Reinstalled fs-base-nav AND also was a full reinstall of FS2020 after I had tried just the fs-base-nav.

So I see numerous towers seem to have given up the ghost and gone home.

First experienced it at Geneva, where an IFR flight ended with various communications to Geneva Traffic. I’ve experienced it at Schipol, and this evening at Innsbruck:

I have removed Navigraph’s AIRAC data, and removed and reinstalled fs-base-nav.

Hello, I encountered this bug for the first time today; uninstalling Navigraph - running MSFS brought the towers etc. back, then reinstalled Navigraph and they are still there. Glad I searched and found this topic with the useful advice - many thanks !

PS the problem was also extending to not being able to identify waypoints and add them to a flight plan (at least in the TBM).

1 Like

Same now on xbox LKPR, EPWA, no frequencies, no sids, stars