ATC telling me I'm at the incorrect altitude

I’m getting the same issue even after the 2nd hot fix.

Interesting I use an add-on from ambitiouspilots that give you stats and it reports that I am currently at 10,265.

The altimeter on the tape shows 10,000.

I also use Little Nav Map to follow my flight and it shows my altitude as 9,985 currently.

Looks like two different points of truth are operating in the sim.

I turned off ATC, tired of listening to them on a long flight

Yes the altitude issue still here on xbox also.

In addition when letting the ai flight assistant handle atc communications(after takeoff clearance received) it instantly requests destination change as soon as we change from tower to departure to the destination that we’ve already had our IFR clearance to before pushback.

There is also an issue on HDG bug and BARO selection on standby altimeter along with SPEED and ALT selection where it jumps way over the present selection even if just slightly moving the knob. The BARO selection on main altimeter seems to have been fixed though.

Also if using DIR on fmc, once reaching selected waypoint instead of resuming to next way point it tries to turn the plane back on itself. I had to use manual heading, cancel IFR and that eventually caused a CTD.

1 Like

ATC now does not recognize that you are at the altitude it has told you to go to. ATC keeps telling me to “Please expedite your climb to FL300”. Well, hell, I am at FL300, with STD altimeter of 29.92. And yet it keeps giving me this message. Please fix ATC!

Exactly! I confirm this! No matter the aircraft!

Yup, I’ve had that a few times today. The only workaround I found is to climb an additional ~400ft.

I’m having exactly the same experience. Like FRBlackEye I find I have to climb/descend 300-400ft from my assigned altitude to keep ATC happy.

ATC also keep telling me to climb to FL300, Descent to 14000 ft, Climb to FL270, descent to 4000ft… seems can’t make up their mind. Also when I approach an airport and enter the transition they just told me, they tend to bump me back to a very high alt making it impossible to land and have to go around at least once.

The whole ATC is a mess!

4 Likes

I wonder if this is in some way related to the fluctuating temperature/weather issues at present.

I brought the sim, fired it up & realized immediately, ATC is still FSX code. It’s bad then SU5 made it worse.
IFR cleared to 12k, descend to 2100 on climb out?

Then there’s never having Azure problems, to now it’s happening on almost every flight.

Like you, climbing/cruising altimeter as last advised, I’m 200ft high, then 600ft low then 1k high. It’s all over the place, not withstanding the ‘weatherwalls’ as I call them (instantly lose 200km/h airspeed, a few mins later overspeed trying to compensate when it goes back to normal) making it even worse.

I’m of the opinion it’s all about the gfx right now. Get em all hooked in. Stuff like this being fixed… fs2030 most likely.

1 Like

The problem seems to have become aggravated with the July, 2021 update and needs immediate attention. I believe the aircraft is displaying incorrect altitude not ATC. Flying over mountainous terrain at indicated altitude was way too low, clearing by less than 500 ft. I could be wrong but it seems that the error of being below designated altitude increases with higher altitudes. This also messes up the approach…

I believe that if they corrently modelled the real world, except when the aircraft is within range of secondary (altitude reporting) radar, the altitude displayed on the ATC screen would be that reported by the transponder, and the transponder would report the altitude shown by the aircraft instruments. So, if you’re assigned to flight level 200 and your altimeter tells you that you’re at FL200, then ATC should not nag you, as they wouldn’t know any difference.

And the worse part is when I am on an approach, ATC gave me a runway and transition waypoint, I entered it into flight computer, and immediately ATC cancelled and refiled my IFR plan, usually means instruct me to climb back up to 14000ft. So it’s like a yoyo every time I approach an airport, unless I specify which runway in the flightplan at the beginning.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought I was the only one experiencing this. I have slower internet and I assumed it had something to do with the service. Absurd that this is happening.

By the way, I noticed deactivating live weather and using weather presets only works if MSL Pressure is kept at 1013,25 hPa. At any other setting, ATC will not see you at you correct altitude …… What a mess

Same issue, using clear sky :

Regards

So they are really going to leave this broken for the rest of the month? Unacceptable!

3 Likes

Incroyable qu’ils ne foutent rien pour ce contrôle aérien désastreux.

J’ai aussi ce bug et c’est très handicapant, je n’arrive jamais à mon altitude de croisière du coup :triumph:

I’m 400ft below what I’m supposed to be at, and that seems to have shut the ATC guy up, for now.

I am currently flying with FBW a32nx from EFHK to UUEE and the ATC started pestering me about the FL330. First I climbed up to FL333 and it still did not shup, but at least mentioned I was 300ft below whatever the ATC though was FL330. After I had climbed to FL336 I changed the barometer to 29.60, and now I am flying at “FL330” and ATC has gone quiet. It seems the ATC is not using the STD baro 29.92 above the transition altitudes.