ATC window (menu), keys command not working (buttons from keyboard)

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes / no = the same

Brief description of the issue:

keys (buttons) for commands in ATC window not work always, sometime works, sometime not. Key - means buttons from keyboard, so “1”, “2”, “3” etc. In this situation I must to use mouse and click on selected item from ATC menu what is annoying (I fly VR only)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

no needed

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

During flight, or on the ground open ATC window and use buttons (digits) to give order for communication, 50% chances that they dont work, you must use a mouse only to select dedicated position for communication on ATC window, buttons dont work (BTW. I fly in VR only)

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i9 9900K, RTX 3090, 32Gb Ram

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Indeed I noticed this too.

I run VoiceAttack and because I needed free key bindings I disabled MSFS 1-0 ATC bindings and do these through VoiceAttack 1-0, and wadduyahknow, these virtual key presses are a work around for this - new - problem / bug

1 Like

Same issue, flying also in VR, ATC panel choice buttons are mapped to the joystick. It’s also random: they work fine and suddently they don’t work anymore in the same flight, while still working in the command menu.

1 Like

Yes strange issue, I can’t personally diagnose why it works once and then it doesn’t, for sure it’s a bug.

I have the same issue. I mapped the ATC commands to yoke buttons for easy access in VR, it generally works the first time, after that it’s hit or miss. When it stops working it seems to remain broken for the rest of the session.

1 Like

The ATC panel works normally when MSFS is in desktop or fullscreen mode, in the sense that the default keyboard bindings work as expected.

When the game is switched to VR mode, the ATC panel stops responding to keyboard bindings.
I’ve also connected an Xbox controller and set up bindings for the ATC panel to buttons on the controller; these work when the game is running in desktop or full screen mode, but do not work when the game is in VR mode.

In VR mode, I’m only able to interact with the ATC panel by using mouse inputs (pointing and clicking on the panel with the mouse).

1 Like

Move the mouse pointer off the ATC window and/or click on an empty area of the cockpit. Your keybindings should now work.

3 Likes

Yes

After takeoff I can’t type a number on the keyboard and have to use left click of the mouse. After mouse clicking for a few minutes I tried to use keyboard selection again and it worked. However this seems to be intermittent. On a long flight it may stop working again at some point. Unlike a prior poster, Voice attack does not work for me when the keyboard is not working. However as soon as the keyboard starts working again Voice attack commands work also.

N/A

1 Like

Yes, this issue is present still, not solved yet :frowning:

1 Like

This bug has been around since SU5. There were many reports and complaining about this, but nothing has been done to fix it. Personally I have given up hoping this will be sorted out. Moving the mouse or right-clicking mouse is the only workaround. Unfortunately it happens several times during a flight. It’s very annoying. Right-click is bound to zoom by default, and often view gets stuck when zoomed in and you have to recenter the view with alt + space, which again will make all your open toolbar windows out of position. So you get 3 faults for the price of 1! That’s just wonderful, especially when you’re about to land.

You should look into some 3rd party ATC addons instead.

Hello, any news? In [1.30.12.0] the bug is present still.

I am having the same problem. Keys on keyboard for ATC menu items not working.

And in SU12 this issue isnt solved yet :frowning:

Hey, guys, I have tested extensively, and it seems to be related to the mouse. If you select a panel with the mouse, make sure to move the mouse away from the panel. The keyboard then can affect the panel menu items.

1 Like

I dont think, I use the ATC panel only from the shortcut “~”, and next 1,2,3,4 … ect. Sometimes works sometimes not, but firstly I open ATC menu always from shortcut and Im trying to use keys, not mouse.

Of course, I use a mouse in the cockpit for switches before, which is rather normal. :wink:

Not sure. Somehow it seems that if any panel retains mouse focus, the keys stop having control of the ATC menu items. Maybe cockpit elements can confuse the mouse as well and impede the ATC panel.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Please fix it. It’s a real PITA in VR, thank you Asobo

1 Like

Yep not solved still :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Yes

Same issue as OP

YES

My keybindings are correct but the number 0 through to 9 do not select anything on the ATC Panel