To celebrate the World update of Japan we will hold an ATC Event this Sunday going from Tokyo, over Mt. Fuji and down to Nagoya Airport, with Shizuoka Airport near Mt Fuji as a stop for smaller planes.
The time is set for 8am local time to 11am local time on the Sunday (for time in your timezone see below)
If you are doubting your participation as a pilot, you should participate. Even though you cannot fulfill the recommendations for flying with ATC, we still encourage participation. Saying all that, fulfilling the requirements is important, because otherwise communication between the controller and the pilot cannot work.
Please check this thread for updates before commencing on your flight on the date of the event.
ATC online at 2020-10-03T23:00:00Z → 2020-10-04T02:00:00Z
PROCEDURES & HANDBOOK
PROCEDURES & HANDBOOK
Here you can find a Handbook that has relevant information and the basics in what people taking part in an ATC event should try to follow:
The following are not required but are recommended:
- doing readbacks correctly (acknowledging instructions with roger + callsign is more than sufficient)
- using ICAO phraseology
- using ICAO alphabet
- taxiing correctly
- landing / taking off from the correct runway
- using correct callsign when talking to ATC
- being able to follow “Direct to XY” requests
- maintaining separation to other aircraft
- asking for clearance before pushback
Airport information for planning
- 34L: 1500 ft at ALLIE (6.6 nm)
- 34R: 1500 ft at CECIL (6.6 nm) OR 4000 ft at CAMEL (17.8 nm)
- 22: 5000 ft at NEXUS (17 nm)
- 23: 1500 ft at LUBBY (6.5 nm)
- 34L: 4000 ft right 015°
- 34R: 3000 ft right 091°
- 22: 4000 ft right 015°
- 23: 4500 ft left 177°
Airport elevation: 433 ft
initial climb: 4000 ft
Possible approach procedures: ILS only 30, Visual (depending of weather)
initial approach altitude:
- 30: 4000 ft at OHCHA (14 nm)
- 12: 4000 ft at 14 nm DME (backtrack LOC possible)
- 30: 4000 ft left 115°
- 12: 4000 ft straight out
Airport elevation: 46 ft
initial climb: 3000 ft
Possible approach procedures: ILS only 34, Visual (depending of weather)
initial approach altitude:
- 34: 2500 ft at EXPOH (11 nm)
- 16: 2500 ft at 11 nm DME (backtrack LOC possible)
- 34: 3000 ft left 230°
- 16: 3000 ft right 230°
The Runway Configuration will be set right before the Event and put into an Update under this post or you can ask ATC what runways are active in #Pre-Flight Planning
When: 2020-10-03T23:00:00Z → 2020-10-04T02:00:00Z
Spawn: On your chosen gate, if possible; slew to a vacant gate if gate is already occupied
Altitude: Any but above the Minimum Safe Altitude when IFR. When VFR, can be lower
The recommended flight plan is: RJTT → Mount Fuji → RJNS → RJNA
It is advised to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, find a position near the position you were, take-off or use “slew” mode to continue your flight.
Server (selectable under your gamer tag, right top of the screen): South-East Asia
Remember to reclick on all of the options in the menu, even if the settings are already selected.
Live traffic: No
Disable ATC voice from Assistance → User Experience → ATC Voices (set to no) (no need to disable in-game ATC, just don’t adhere to the instructions, when you are in community controlled airspace )
No text-based ATC will be provided (unless for help on the official discord).
We will be using the “Flight Events”-category and the voice channels under the category on the Official Discord
The Flight Events bot will switch you in to the channel with the freq you’ve set in COM1 in MSFS.
FLIGHT TRACKING & “ATC/Pilot-client”
The current build of MSFS does not show other players on the map. Therefore we will use the Flight Events app and the website https://events.flighttracker.tech/
This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.
Hope to see a good turn-out in the event!
- Before the event: Write in #fe-general (in Discord)
- During the event: Ask in #Pre-Flight Planning Voice Chat (in Discord)
- Flight Events with Discord connection to official discord enabled.
- RJTT, RJNS, RJNA
- Spawn at a gate, not on a runway.
- 2020-10-03T23:00:00Z → 2020-10-04T02:00:00Z
- IFR or VFR
- Any Plane
- South-East Asia, All Players, No Live Traffic, Live Weather
- If you experience issues with MSFS, either restart at a gate, or slew/spawn enroute at designated altitude
- The frequencies used:
Disable ATC voice from assistance settings Assistance → User Experience → ATC Voices
- RJTT GND: 121.700
- RJTT TWR: 118.100
- RJTT APP/DEP: 126.500
- RJNS TWR + GND: 126.200
- RJNA TWR + GND: 118.700
- RJNA APP/DEP: 121.050
- Japan Control (RJXX_CTR): 120.200
- Disable ATC voice from assistance settings Assistance → User Experience → ATC Voices
If you want to join as a controller read this forum post: ATConnect