Increase Autopilot Reference Altitude

Elevator Trim Nose Up
Elevator Trim Nose Down

Toggle AP Altitude Hold
Toggle AP Heading Hold
Toggle AP VS Hold
Toggle AP FLC

Most of these bindings are allocated to coolie hats / buttons on my joystick and have worked for me on every other aircraft in the sim.

Hopefully this will be a rapid fix.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello @ClevaTreva68,
Thank you for the report.

In the future, please do not delete the required template when creating a report.

Thank you!

I’m hearing that this is unlikely to be prioritised or even implemented.

Same for me and my Honeycomb Bravo Throttle. The MCP bindings are pretty important to me and when I got them on my hardware I also want to use them.

3 Likes

This is unfortunately not exclusive to the ATR.

Bound functions that work in one aircraft dont necessarily work in another. Like the Fuel Pump that, no matter what you bind it to, will work in several planes but will do nothing in the Beaver. And only yesterday I found that Increasing and decreasing the QNH does not work in the Cessna 172, even though it works in other planes.

Its pretty frustrating and disappointing.

EDIT: I wanted to buy the ATR but put it off because I wanted to research wether all the keybindings worked properly or not. I didnt have the time to look around yet so this thread actually helped me a lot.
Seems like I wont be spending that money after all.

2 Likes

Yes, I should imagine that this is putting a lot of people off buying it.

2 Likes

I’ve also notice the impossibility to assign the “fuel SO” (shut off I suppose) on any button,and for me it doesn’t even work with the mouse as it doesn’t stay in the cut off position. Plus, the condition lever axis can only be assigned via the propeller axis in the menu, not the condition lever axis. I tried with fsuipc but it didn’t work neither. The ATR remains a very attractive plain anyway that you can fly all the same, but it’s only my opinion of course :grinning:

The fuel cut-off position on the condition levers must be bound to… drumroll… “Feather Switch 1” and “Feather Switch 2”. Who would have thought?

1 Like

Thank you ! that works (I’m not saying that it makes sens :rofl:). Now the new challenge is to assign the two engine to my warthog throttle. I can bind the engine 2 on the Z axis (right throttle) but noway to bind engine 1 to another axis. I’ve also lost the reverse and can’t have it back.

1 Like

Yes.

Also keybinds:
AP Reference Speed Increase
AP Reference Speed Decrease

3 Likes

Maybe this here can help you. Reverser setup for the ATR is a bit counterintuitive. The video is for the Honeycomb but the throttle setup should work for the Warthog, too.

Yes, Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo setup, no middleware

I can only confirm the issue with all bindings related to the basic AP modes and setups.
Default Honeycomb profile but all light bindings removed from the Bravo

yes

I have confimed and can reproduce these. There many other as well, for example increase or decrease condition lever, and toggle landing or taxi lights. All these are irresponsible. There are other bug reports, and these should be merged and votes summed up, IMHO.

Yes

Can’t bind any controller buttons to basic things like:
Acknowledge Master Warning
Acknowledge Master Caution

Increase Heading Bug
Decrease Heading Bug

Elevator Trim Nose Up
Elevator Trim Nose Down

Toggle AP Altitude Hold
Toggle AP Heading Hold
Toggle AP VS Hold
Toggle AP FLC

It makes it very difficult in VR. Need to have ability to control the HDG/ALT/VS knobs on the FGCP with bindings to buttons on physical hardware just like almost every other aircraft in MSFS. These are default/standard actions and should be bind-able.

3 Likes

I cannot understand why such basic things are not available on the day of the aircraft release.

2 Likes

The inability to bind basic AP functions to hardware is a bit hard to understand. I have never seen this level of un-bind-ability… A shame.

2 Likes

So it is true that there is now way now to control the Altitude or Heading via an external controller like with any other plane and you really have to use your mouse??? Not even via Mobiflight? If so, that’s totally unacceptable.

1 Like

Yes

I really do not understand why there is, apparently, no “Standardization” requirement for these products built under contract for Microsoft. Basic keybindings should be a requirement for all aircraft, but especially those built for the namesake of the simulator. This is baffling.

4 Likes

I don’t know about Mobiflight, but there is no way to bind anything on the FGCP to any buttons on my Honeycomb yoke or TM throttle.

1 Like

I bought this today, unaware of the binding and simconnect problems.
I fully underwrite these comments. something seems to have gone drastically awry with the keybindings. Cant control Altitude, VS,TRIM and a variaty of others with external instruments such as the Saitek instrument and radio panels.
NAV frequencies can not be set
switching between GPS/NAV mode not possible as it doesnt react to external commands.
Cockpit controls work but seem rather confusing.
I am a great fan of the ATR but have encountered all these keybinding problems also.
basically many of the basic SimConnect and keybindings are missing.
Looking forward to an update please.

2 Likes