ATR engines exceed TQ% in CLB and then massively drop TQ%

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

atr 42 / 72

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

v1.0.36

Brief description of the issue:

During a flight EDDS - EDDK (on vatsim) I noticed that during climb I was suddenly loosing thrust and got a speed warning and AP disconnected. I recovered from this and continued climb. When reaching 5000 ft I noticed a decrease in airspeed and realized that the engines were only at 3.5 TP%. Thrust lever were at Notch position. Recovered by moving thrust lever to idle and notch and then the engines behaved normal again.

I also noticed that during climb TO% display was filled yellow two times. No idea where this came from.

I never encountered something like this in many flights with the previous version

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

The spooled down engines:
Imgur

The yellow filled TO%:
Imgur

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Not really sure. I reproduced the same flight EDDS-EDDK with live weather and also using anti ice and icing conditions but it did not happen during the second flight.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

It happened today again, twice.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Normal takeoff procedure (takeoff on TO then switching to CLB after passing 1000 ft, AP on) after this the TQ is always yellow and exceeded the limits. The result is, that the engine will drop TQ% to 4% (without any other parameters apparently changing). To “fix” it the throttle has to be reduced temporarily and increased again. But if it is increased to NOTCH it will happen again.
Only “solution” I found is to either switch to TO / MCT or reduce throttle to somewhere around 50-55 to avoid over-torquing.
As this only started with the latest update, I would guess a code change introduced to prevent the HYD pressure issue is sometimes messing things up.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

“over torqued” engine:

reduced TQ with throttle at NOTCH:

setting throttle to 52 gives still yellow TQ but engine will not reduce TQ:

Is this the 42 only? What controller for throttle?
Never seen anything like this in my 100+ hours wtih the 72.

I have also never experienced this before the latest update. And in the flight I’m just in (LSZH-EDDF) it is also all fine.
It is an erratic issue and I have not identified what it causing it. Maybe something related to weight?

Using a Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick.