ATR - Icing notification doesn't clear normally

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Once icing is detected the notification doesn’t clear from the warnings after clearing the caution light and the ICE button. Tried looking through the abnormal procedures checklist but nothing seemed to help relating to ice. What I found finally cleared it was holding the “Test” button under ICE on the forward panel.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Get plane into icing condition with no anti-ice or de-icing turned on. Once encountered into icing turn on the prop, horns, and side window anti-iciing then clear the master caution. An “ICE” ecas message will show on the panel. It can not be cleared normally - should be removed once icing conditions have been removed and caution cleared.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

WU13

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

I too can’t clear the message. As soon as icing is detected setting all the de-ice and anti-ice buttons doesn’t clear the message.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I think the problem is you have said you only turned anti-ice on. This should be turned on prior to entering icing conditions, and the de-ice turned on once you receive a master caution for icing.

Icing message will stay until the detector does not detect ice for 5 mins. It should then flash the deice on the MEMO panel. Then once anti-ice and de-ice is deselected, and the icing AOA button is reset (once aircraft clear of residual ice), the aircraft will return to normal conditions.

1 Like

Yeah it didn’t clear after sitting on the ground in 34c weather for an hour, clearing the anti-ice and de-ice switches and warning. Hence the bug - it only cleared after holding down the “Test” button.

The green icing caption should not clear until you press the icing AOA button on the main panel (below the power management selector). You have to reset this manually, otherwise it will stay on all flight, the airframe will have increased the stall threshold and will fly using icing speeds.

1 Like

As I said it was the “ICE” ecas message which is orange on the forward panel and it wouldn’t reset without using the “Test” button. I highly doubt this is the proper procedure. Hence this bug.

From someone who flies this for a living, trust me. This is not a bug, ICING in amber stays on the EWD until the detector does not detect ice anymore, with or without AI and DI on.

So after you’ve sat on the ground for over and hour in 70+ defree farenheit weather it doesn’t clear with any other method than using the “Test” button? In fact I got it to do it again last night and left it running over night and it persist for 8+ hours.

I would rather the dev take a look - thanks for your feedback.

Yes that’s what I assumed. The green AOA extiguishes normally and clears the warning except for the amber on the EWD. However it doesn’t clear without using the “Test” button which will cause it to clear. I’m thinking it’s simply a matter of there being a timer messed up in the coding, or maybe a flag on the backend of the simulation that’s never being cleared since the “Test” button corrects it.

Just to be clear I’ve attached a screenshot - don’t remember how long/what was going on, but circled in orange is the “ICING” message that doesn’t clear and circled in red is the “TEST” button that ends up being able to clear it.

I wasn’t aware there was another bug open for the ICE AOA. It could all be related I suppose.

2 Likes

Yes

Enters icing condition. Applies all relevant procedure. Exit icing condition ice AOA button reset works but icing amber is still shown all the way down to the gate. Reported TAT was 33c SAT 27c on ground.

No the checklist did not auto populate either - another bug I guess heh.

This bug possibly has been fixed with the 1.08 updated. There’s a fix listed as “Fixed icing message not disappearing when not longer in icing conditions”. Assuming that’s for this but haven’t been in the situation yet.

Fixed in ATR Update 1.0.8.