ATR ignores ground power availability leading to drained batteries and engine start failure

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, only for debugging but the bug happens also in normal mode

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

ATR-42 and ATR-72 by Asobo

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

Brief description of the issue:

ATR is connecting automatically to ground power even if it is not available on the stand. All instruments and the EFB indicate that the plane is powered by the GPUs when in fact it is the main battery powering the plane. This leads to the plane not being able to start after cockpit preparation due to the battery draining.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIp6epQ_5Ts

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

See the video.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same as this?

@jimsom5163, the linked post is closed/locked with a last date of 9 Jan 2024. Looks like the problem has not been soreted if someone can reproduce it.

Yes, it’s marked resolved (“by design”). They might not consider this beeing a bug.

The airport scenery must have a GPU assigned at the parking for the battery to charge, but I guess the problem is that it’s hard to know if that is the case.

It is related to the one you linked, but I think my demonstration shows the real reason behind the problem:
The plane is not properly indicating lack of ground power at a stand. It will indicate “Available” as soon as you connect the GPU on the EFB, independent on whether or not the stand is actually supplying power.
I have no problem with stands not having power. It is realistic after all and there is a solution (Hotel mode). But if the plane falsely lets the player believe that it is powered by ground power while the batteries are discharging, that’s a bug for me and not “By Design”.