ATR Toggle Reverse Thrust & Hold Throttle Reverse Thrust not Working

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Utilizing Hold Throttle Reverse Thrust places the engines in a low idle state and does not allow the throttle levers to be moved into reverse.

Utilizing Toggle Reverse Thrust doesn’t put the engines in a low idle state, but simply doesn’t allow the throttles to move into reverse.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Calibrate throttles for dual axis without reverse on the axis. Map Hold Throttle Reverse Thrust. Activate Hold Throttle Reverse Thrust. Note the engines spool down and all the same warnings come on as they do when the engines are placed in low idle via the Condition levers. Move the throttle axis and note they do not move into reverse.

Calibrate throttles for dual axis without reverse on the axis. Map Toggle Reverse Thrust. Activate Toggle Reverse Thrust. Move the throttle axis and note they do not move into reverse.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series X. Thrustmaster Boeing TCA throttle quadrant(s).

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

yes

same as OP

1 Like

I use Thustmaster TWCS, I set thrust as only 1 axis, with no reverse axis, then idle to the bottom of my throttle axis. I set a key to go full reverse. I check visually in the cockpit the throttles, both are on MAX REV, but the aircraft just goes forward.

If I set the throttle as if I had reverse axis and setting iddle to somewhere not at the bottom, then I’m able to go backwards with reverse throttle.

3 Likes

have the same problems with Thrustmaster TCA
I haven’t found a solution to calibrate and config the reverser
so help would be asap very appreciated
!

3 Likes

I was looking more closely at this again. It appears that with the reverse on axis turned off, and the throttles on the peripheral set to their stop for idle, the in-game throttles don’t appear to be aligned with Ground Idle, but are a sitting a little bit above that setting.

Nothing I did with regards to changing the values in the idle boxes on the EFB would alter this.

I also noted that it was impossible to get the throttle calibration to return to how it was on first load of the ATR. Clicking the “Defaults” button did not reset the calibration such that I would have the reverse function on the axis as it was on first load. Ticking the reverse on axis box, altering values in the idle boxes, etc. had no effect. There was no way to get the throttles to move toward reverse via the axis.

I got reversers working for a while, until they stopped working.

Curiously, at the same time this happened, the Idle gate function started working backwards. when the gate was engaged, reversers worked, and when it was disengaged, they didn’t. I have also observed in spad.next that the LVAR for the reverser gate is very slow to show any change. My best guess is that issues with the sim being overloaded cause the reverser gate function to flip, and the LVAR logic isn’t robust enough to check the current state before changing it.

I would say your issue is with the iddle gate (the T under both throttles)

Nope. It wasn’t that.

I spent more time with it today and I have the throttles aligning where they need to.

It may have been the reboot of the sim that changed it.

I also experience this issue.

I do not have a reverse AXIS. I have a keybind that toggles between reverse thrust and normal throttle. I use this on FSS E175, PMDG and FENIX and it all works fine. On the ATR however, when I press my keybind for ‘toggle throttle reverse’ it does nothing.

How can I use reverse thrust on this plan without setting it to my normal throttle AXIS? If I do this, I have to constantly monitor where my throttle is to see if it is in idle or not.

Yes

I do not have a reverse AXIS. I have a keybind that toggles between reverse thrust and normal throttle. I use this on FSS E175, PMDG and FENIX and it all works fine. On the ATR however, when I press my keybind for ‘toggle throttle reverse’ it does nothing.

How can I use reverse thrust on this plan without setting it to my normal throttle AXIS? If I do this, I have to constantly monitor where my throttle is to see if it is in idle or not.

Yes

When I set full reverse thrust and let go of the parking brake, the plane starts moving forward

MSFS ATR 72 bug - reverser does not work, plane moves forward - Clipped with Medal.tv

I have the TCA Airbus stick and quadrant (XBox). I cannot even get the levers in the cockpit to move when I move the throttle levers on the quadrant. Also on the configuration page the digital readout of the lever position is not altered when the levers are moved on the quadrant.

1 Like

I have the same problem as you I have the tca pack for the Xbox and I have tried to calibrate the throttles and followed the steps from the forum and also YouTube creators who have the same flight controlers and still no joy just hope they can sort it out

1 Like

yes

I have the tca capt pack for the Xbox and yes I have followed your instructions on how to calibrate the throttles and I have had no luck with it I have tried to follow links on YouTube but still no joy I have disconnected the flight stick and quadrant and tryed to fly the are with the controller and mouse but again can’t work the throttles it’s full power or no power as I have to rotor brake on and turn the engines off so at the moment I can’t fly the model

1 Like

There are a few posts on this thread that say they are struggling with throttle calibration. That is not the issue I’ve outlined or the focus of this bug.

In my case, I am able to calibrate the throttles for IDLE, NOTCH and RAMP. The issue is that with Reverser Axis unticked, none of the sim’s Reverse Thrust (Toggle or Hold) keybinds will allow the throttles to be moved into the reverse thrust positions

In the case of Hold, it seems to be placing the engines in the FTR mode even though the levers in the cockpit haven’t been moved to that position. This is also not reflected visually when observing the Condition levers.

2 Likes

Same here. Can’t get reverser to work, no key binding works. (Except F2)

But apart from this, it’s a typical Hans Hartmann Airplane, the most knobs are turning in the wrong direction and the quick view left and right are reversed.

2 Likes

What precisely does the idle gate do and how is it used?

I don’t know well the aircraft, but it seems to be like a lock for flying phase for using a minimum throttle setting

1 Like

Do you have the same issue

Yes

No allocated part for reverse on my TWCS throttle axis, Reverse Hold doesn’t works.
Have to press F2 to force reverse max

Same issue here. It’s a pity, since I’m learning to fly this bird and it looks very promising!