Auckland - Singapore in 30 seconds

Last night I set up the sim for a longhaul flight in the Horizon 787-9: NZAA - WSSS covering a distance of 4622nm, just shy of 10 hour’s air time.

NZAA/23L OSRA1P MADEP N774 TESAT A576 PKS G222 AYE T29 CIN A576 ATMAP M635 SURGA SURG1A WSSS/02L

After takeoff, I went back to ‘crew rest’ and left a camera on the glare shield to record a timelapse (thanks to FRAPS, shooting screenshots at 60 second intervals). The resulting 530 frames captured have been strung together in a video, and sped up top a total runtime of 30 seconds. Quite pleased with the result, showing the contrast between the Tasman Sea crossing, the red deserts of Australia, and the moody skies of Indonesia :clapper:

I stopped the recording when setting up for the approach and landing, but will try and figure out a way to record the entire flight from gate to gate next time…

Edit: Just discovered that my volumetric clouds got reset to low rather than Ultra after the last world update! This has been fixed now and am planning the return journey overnight tonight :crescent_moon:

7 Likes