AUGUST 27TH, 2020 Development Update

I totally agree. I think the response for MSFS has been very unfair and unwanted, and i have simply giving up.

This is not to defend X-Plane but those forums are very polite, understanding and very help full. because it is mostly grownups. MSFS is much more all around i think, and children often do not know how to behave online, when they are sitting behind a screen :frowning: Sadly

2 Likes

Not Me ! Small very small autopilot issues that’s it. My biggest problem is finding the off switch for trolls…there everywhere

3 Likes

There’s no way to respond on the post itself but thank you for starting to open communication efforts. Some of us have been exceedingly loud and at times obnoxious but we’re doing it because we care. I hope this is only the beginning of changes to come, but I’m happy to see progress nonetheless.

Much appreciated!

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I know it’s buggy as hell, but there are some things about 20 I really like. I haven’t had too much problem with the Garmin. I am greatly missing the accuracy of the PMDG jets, but I am enjoying the Beechcrafts, and I love the graphics after I tweaked them. I miss some of the simple things from X, such as seeing your Sim Rate on the screen, but I know it will get better. Some things are just weird, but at least I dont have to learn coding, as I did when MS stopped supporting X.

Literally from Microsoft patch info about SimConnect:

Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience

:joy: :joy: They said “should”. It’s a faith matter. I have a big confidence with that “should” when it should be “will”.

is the update releashed allready and why can’t Iistall it because I tryed 3-4 to do that last night because my simulator says relaunch the game to update and I have relaunched the game and compter multiple times and it allways seams just to skip the update part so is it something I’am doing wrong or is the update even out yet

That’s a bug. It’s been around for awhile. There isn’t any update yet, but you can bet the forums will be talking about it when it drops some time in the next week.

Ignore that message asking for a restart. There is no publicly available software update yet.

As to what causes that message to appear incorrectly, I’m guessing there actually is an update, but is available only to a small number of people, for testing, and the rest of us don’t have the necessary permissions to download it. But the content manager is not aware of that limitation.

thanks for the info

Yeah because there are a billion different hardware combinations, so the word should is completely accurate.

1 Like

It sure does yes as it connects via simconnect

We are a mere two weeks into the release. Give them some time to settle down! They probably have more important work - and well-deserved holidays! - than writing detailed release roadmaps.

I mean, here we are, at the very beginning of a 10 years (hopefully :)) lifecycle! So don’t freak out just yet when your “but I reported this bug 3 days ago!” isn’t just yet fixed, let alone explicitly mentioned.

If you really want to report bugs in a serious and constructive way: use the issue tool (“Zendesk” or whatever it’s called). Write down your hardware specs (if relevant), how to reproduce the bug and what your expectations about the actual behaviour are. Then track the progress of the bug in the “Zendesk”… but stop shouting here in the forum, please :wink:

4 Likes

Hello to you too! I do appreciate when people put words in my mouth, but where did you get ‘but I reported this bug 3 days ago!’ tantrum I allegedly posted? I might be a bit daft, but where was I, in general, shouting in these forums or was overly enraged/freaked out? Genuinely - for my own betterment - DM me some links where I went bananas. If not - well - the gentlemanly way to go about is to retract your personal statement about my character.

I simply said in a lot less words what other people were talking in-depth about later on in this same topic - there is severe lack of feedback to issues (and yes, I submit Zendesk tickets - it is not ‘cool’ to remind me to do that or assume that I do not). And lo and behold, this issue is finally being acknowledged in terms of improved Feedback Snapshots

Just to preface my statements, I was not a alpha/beta tester.

I also appreciate there are differences in hardware that people run.

As end user, and customer, I have a set of expectations. These expectations may look silly to a developer but to a user are very important. A working game that does not glitch, does not crash.

I don’t mind some models are not finished. But I do mind that basic features in flight simulator are full of bugs.

These include stuttering scenery loading issues, autopilot defects and general performance issues, that are reported across large number of users across different hardware. Its a mess.

If it is true that alpha and beta testers did not experience these issues, then I am shocked that the release version is in the state.

In the current state, I can not enjoy the game, and that is my impressions of the game, beautiful looking broken expensive game.

If I were a developer or business owner, I would be ashamed of releasing this.

2 Likes

These issues were present at day 1 of Alpha testing. They had 8 months to fix these. They didn’t. They are just so afraid. I think it’s high time that Asobo should change the title to Microsoft Scenery Simulator. At least that will stop them from getting criticized. But they don’t care actually. I think the dev undestimated a product of this scale. Thus explains why they just released an upcoming update patch note saying only fixing installation issues. We got so excited to see when the trailer got released. But looks like it will fail like Aces Studios 14 years ago.

1 Like

They had 8 months to fix these. Not 2 weeks. Some of these issues were present during Alpha.

8 Likes

You’ve taken the pessimism to the max. :slight_smile: There are issues that are a bit embarassing, but it’s not a catastrophe.

This is what pops my cornflakes, that they would end the Alpha without fixing all noticeable issues.

What a simulator is without it’s basic features working? Right now nobody can have a long haul flight without running into issues.