AUGUST 27TH, 2020 Development Update

Patch notes final? Usually there’s more fixes and stuff get in before release, if these are final then I’d expect the patch today or tomorrow not “within 7 days”.

These weekly updates are seriously underwhelming, do it Monthly, include more information on a variety of subjects.

3 Likes

According to the latest forecast I believe wind will remain 225 at 3 for at least the next month…

16 Likes

Would love another Q&A right about now

5 Likes

My opinion is its all hands on deck to get this thing ready for the new xbox. I wouldn’t expect a fix for weather, gps, flight data, etc until they get closer to xbox release.

7 Likes

No sense for a Q & A. They will only answer what they want to answer.

9 Likes

It’s a bunch of impatient children new to the genre. Don’t mind them. This is the sim we have been waiting for for over a decade. It’s good that they’re prioritizing the ability to run it. Bug fixes will come. It’s only been a week and a half since release.

46 Likes

Thanks for the update on the patch, lets all hope this fixes any issues people have getting FS2020 installed and running.
Cheers

6 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

9 Likes

sorry but this is ridiculus… all power on instalations problems…
why there is silence on real problems like LIVE WEATHER, autopilots issuse, touchdowns behaviours… nobody notice it? a320, and others airplanes touchdown is lack of any suspensions feeling…
so many people working on this… about 200… and progress is so loong and very weak… The same situation was with alphas… so small changelog for each versions…

7 Likes

I would say letting people actually play the game is more important thing.

16 Likes

If I can have a playable experience in the A320 by Christmas I’ll be impressed, but I’m not going to hold my breath!

4 Likes

Really? No fix for the broken “live” weather? Absolutely pitiful.

6 Likes

thats a joke… https://msfs-cdn.azureedge.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/FS-v8.01v2.jpg

3 Likes

It would’ve been nice if they at least touched on the issues that are still present. Compare this update to the super transparent updates that Riot does with Valorant.

It’s totally fine that you can release software a little rough on the edges nowadays, but at least be transparent that you know of the issues that the community has been harping on to at least put our minds at ease.

15 Likes

Guys please calm down.

This patch is very important, because they want, that everybody can even access the sim and solve the installation process. I’m shure, that many other devs are already working on the next patch, but they do not have big progress in these few days. This is a very complex sim and every change has to be very well coded and checked before releasing.

So let’s wait for the patch after the patch to get some important ingame-fixes.

21 Likes

I am sorry to be so direct; you assessment is totally wrong. Some of us paid the extra price for features that simply do not work. When we asked to have those features refunded until fixed, we were told that refunds were not allowed. So you pay over $100 for something that cannot be refunded and we are supposed to accept that it can take months to deliver what was promised to be delivered on August 18? No. This is not how software works. Do you think NFL, NBA or MLB fans would be happy buying a game that constantly has issues and be told “we will fix it one day; please be patient.” NO. Responsible software developers demo products for testing and then when the software is in testing, they fix the issues or delay the release. This did not happen. Testers knew the issues and yet no fixes. So the notion that we are impatient and children when in fact we are hard-core simmers and some of us are even pilots that expect planes to behave like planes since this is a simulator. Seriously, can you imagine if they release the new Grand Theft Auto and half the cars worked??

32 Likes

Wow, is that it?
I mean getting the installation issues sorted is absolutely a necessity, so it’s good that those things are in there, but we have major parts of the sim nonfunctional and people with game breaking performance issues.

15 Likes

So uh, does anyone know the phone number for the Active Sky devs? Maybe they’d be able to help us out with the weather.

9 Likes

It’s a start, but still lots of work, bug fixes, performance improvements to be done. It is sensible that they are prioritising installation issues first

7 Likes

Ok, I get it. Install issues first & simconnect fix.

Thanks and waiting. By Christmas, I’ll have a sim. For now its VFR bliss

6 Likes