Aussie Group Flights Team: CJ4 World Tour - Calabar(DNCA) to 4th of February(FNLU)

Welcome to the CJ4 World Tour. In this event we will fly 71 legs across over 50 countries covering over 60,000nm.

71c623bb49c3a286c487e9aa10622619bd43b25d_2_690x336

Leg 50 of 71 sees us flying from Calabar in Nigeria to Kilamba in Angola.

Details to follow. Hope you can join us.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS INFORMATION IS FOR FLIGHT SIMULATION USE ONLY.

Regards, Paul

Calabar (also referred to as Callabar, Calabari, Calbari and Kalabar)[2] is the capital city of Cross River State, Nigeria. It was originally named Akwa Akpa, in the Efik language.[3] The city is adjacent to the Calabar and Great Kwa rivers and creeks of the Cross River (from its inland delta).

Quilamba (or Kilamba) is an Angolan neighborhood that serves as the administrative center of Belas Municipality and a large housing development site 30 km (18 miles) from Luanda, the capital city of Angola. It is being built by the China International Trust and Investment Corporation.

ATTENTION Aussie Flight Group Participants …

Group Flight: 2023-02-02T09:00:00Z

PLEASE DO NOT SPAWN ON THE RUNWAY. ENSURE YOU SELECT THE STARTING POSITION ON THE RAMP.

Plan: DNCA VITLI UR984 DLA UG861 IT UW118 LIKAD UR526 VNA FNLU

Cruising Altitude: FL410.

Airport details:

Calabar(DNCA)
Elev: 209’
RW 03/21 Bituminous

4th of February(FNLU)
Elev: 238’
RW 05/23 Asphalt
RW 07/25 Asphalt

Aircraft: CJ4

IMPORTANT: In the interest of keeping it REAL, please refrain from selecting inappropriate aircraft, like airliners. This only detracts from the immersion of the flight.

Seeing Aircraft Correctly: You need to do two things to ensure you can see the other pilots in the event and see them in the aircraft they selected.

Select the same server: To do this, proceed as follows:

From the Welcome Screen, click on your Username (top right)
From the list of servers, under Servers, select WEST USA

Turn off Generic Planes: To do this, proceed as follows:

From the Welcome Screen, click on OPTIONS
Click on GENERAL
With TRAFFIC selected, scroll down to the last option and set USE GENERIC PLANE MODELS to OFF

Turning off Crash/Damage:

Select Options/Assistance
Expand Failure & Damage
Disable Crash Damage
Disable Aircraft Stress Damage
Disable Engine Stress Damage
Accept the changes

Voice Room: My personal Discord server is used for voice comms. If you haven’t already joined my server, click on the below link to request access. I will set you up as a Member so you can access the server. Ensure you do this prior to the flight, as latecomers will need to wait for the next event.

Link to join the Voice Room: Discord

Note: this link is only valid for 7 days from posting.

Weather/Time: We will set the time to REAL TIME and REAL WEATHER. This will allow us to fly in a variety of times based on the timezone we are flying.

From the World Map view, click on Flight Conditions (upper right of screen)
Click on All Players, Live Traffic, Custom
Under Weather and Time, select Live Weather and Real Time. 
Click Close and Fly from the World Map view.

We can start departing from 09:00z. There will be no need for official radio calls. Lets just have some fun taking in the scenery and the social aspects of the event.

Turning on Points of Interest

Select Options/Assistance
Expand POI
Set Landmark Markers to ON
Set City Markers to ON
Set Airport Markers to ON
Accept the changes

Turning on Name Tags (This will assist you in following the group if you get disoriented):

Select Options/GeneralTraffic
Set Show Traffic Nameplates to On
Accept the settings

Still confused, check out the multiplayer video tutorial from SimHangar Flight Simulation: MSFS | MULTIPLAYER | How To Guide | Everything You Need To Know | Fly in events coming soon. - YouTube

Let me know if there’s anything else that I’ve missed that you need to know.,

Regards, Paul

Flight plans for the event …

Little NavMap: IFR Calabar (DNCA) to 4th Of February (FNLU).lnmpln (4.3 KB)

MSFS: IFR Calabar (DNCA) to 4th Of February (FNLU).pln (6.6 KB)

Charts for the event …

Charts are no longer available do to copyright restrictions.

IMPORTANT: Please ensure you have downloaded the AAU1 update that was released on 31st January.

Next, ensure you delete all WT (Working Title) related updates from the Community Folder.

When you load the aircraft, which will be the Default CJ4, one immediate indicator for the new avionics update is the ability to independently use the two MCU/FMC devices.

I’ve now flown a few flights and I’m happy with the results.

Look forward to this event and welcome all the Xbox pilots that now have the sophistication of this aircraft.

Regards, Paul

Event reminder …