World Update: Australia

Hi,

I’m just putting my wish in for a scenery update of Australia.
The city of Melbourne could certainly use improvement, and Sydney - well it doesn’t have the Bridge!
I know there are bigger fish to fry, however if the scenery team is looking for something that’s lacking - here it is! Japan is amazing and it’d be great to get the same treatment in Australia.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks
PaulyFSPauly

Orbx sell Sydney scenery and is worth the money.

8 Likes

Yeah, Sydney is pretty awesome. IT was very cool to see the building blocks I lived in as a kid and the whole things was just so recognizable.I hope they do other cities too.

It would be nice to get the “Japan” treatment for Oz but I doubt it would have any kind of priority. I can think of many places around the world they should do first if they can because they would give a lot more variety.

1 Like

Interesting last comment re variety…you obviously haven’t traveled around Australia. From Tassie to Darwin, and from Perth and Sydney…from Brisvegas to Cairns …North West WA…all the islands surrounding the coast…the Red Centre…yep your right…bloody boring!

4 Likes

I’m putting my hand up for the Australian Scenery to be worked on also. I believe the US is next but some time in the not too distant future it would be appreciated.

I purchased the Orbx Sydney Cityscape and I’m very happy with it. I hope Orbx at the very least, redo the existing airports that the have for FSX and P3d in Australia.

Anything Asobo can do to improve the existing Australian landscape would be welcome.

5 Likes

Really, you obviously haven’t seen many parts of the world if you think Australia is representative of all the land, vegetation and building/city styles around the world.

1 Like

I just want Bankstown YSBK done.Still the 2nd most important airport in the Sydney basin at this time and my local .It needs to be done!!

3 Likes

Australia is that mystical place way down south. Melbourne … the Capital of Victoria … is the sporting capital of the world. Melbourne… glamour and vibrancy abounds … probably why it’s won the Worlds most liveable city,countless times. Yes Sydney is beautiful but take away it’s bridge and opera house and really it’s more of a facade rather than a “ meat and bones” city. like Melbourne.
I’ve grown up here and the city and surrounding areas have certainly evolved. Please pay some photogrammetry to this wonderful place… fix the airports , the stadiums and the wonderful countryside… not to forget the beaches. Looking forward to your magic.

4 Likes

Brother … no
Need for personal stabs, cause if you start me … … I won’t stop. This is how “ women bull%#£t “ begins. You don’t like my comment??.. well delete it.
There are great and not so great places in the world. and with the COVID infestation occurring in most parts of the world atm, I’d rather live here than anywhere else you suggest.

1 Like

I agree, the Japan update is fantastic and proves that we should not need to pay for individual town scenery given that most of the building data is already accessible. I would like to see Australia & New Zealand updated as a priority due to the large number of small airfields which make for fun VFR flying. Both countries have also been the home of key aviation pioneers and leaders in early commercial aviation ( QANTAS & NAC ) and its about time both countries are recognised.

3 Likes

I wish they would hurry and get this to the Marketplace.

2 Likes

Orbx has a huge swag of Aussie airports that will probably need little effort to bring across to MSFS. I’m looking forward to these being available soon.

5 Likes

YSCB is terrible

I’d love Bankstown Airport and surrounds, including my house :slight_smile: (my house backs on to Bankstown Golf Course, which is just across the road from the Airport).

4 Likes

Nice place to be.!!

2 Likes

It would be good to see the 4th world update go to the southern hemisphere to Down Under (Australia / NZ).

• Very supportive user base of MSFS over the years.
  • Beautiful and varied scenery, many major cities on the coast
  • Places to practice all types of flights even the famous Queenstown and GLS approaches
6 Likes

Hi,
What you guys have done for Japan, and the US is fantastic! I hear the UK is next (yay!).
I’d really like to see Australia done too… I want to see Sydney with quality - and Fly under the west-gate bridge in Melbourne. I’d love to see a quality Melbourne city - Thanks!
PaulyFSPauly

3 Likes

Yessss!!! Especially the airports…

2 Likes

Yes! This would be great to see.

2 Likes

I totally agree!

2 Likes