AuthentiKit Flight Controls - Starting with the Spitfire MkIX

If anyone is after some replica flight controls for the new Flying Iron Spitfire MkIX, I kicked off a freeware project at the end of last year that may be for you. The flight stick is already available as a kit now and the throttle quadrant is nearing completion.

There are options on the kit. If you have a 3d printer you can print all the parts yourself for free and get the bearings and other hardware bits from Amazon. Or you can buy a kit of the hardware from a 3rd party who can also help you source the 3d printed stuff.

All the downloads and info from https://authentikit.org

Build videos on YouTube

4 Likes

Can vouch for quality! Looking forward to more vintage flight controls for everyone.

Full Disclosure: Big Radials is working with Authentikit with reference details for our aircraft.

2 Likes

I can vouch for the flight stick. Feels fantastic to fly with and a great project to work on. Looking forward to the throttle quadrant and trim controls next.

4 Likes

Latest build video.

1 Like

This looks incredible. Do I sense a fellow scale model aircraft builder? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This is absolutely on my to do list in 2021. Thank you for this project!

1 Like

Actually not really. I just love designing stuff ! And as I get pretty obsessed about details it seems wasteful not to let others benefit.

2 Likes

Oh I was referring to @MechanicAtom843 with speculation of scale modelling skills :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: The painting and weathering really sets it off.

But yea I am genuinely grateful that you’ve shared this work @Spit40, it’s awesome. Looking forward to giving it a go.

1 Like

Ah, now I’m with you. Yes, there’s been a lot of chat in our Discord group about distressed paint finishes to produce a really nice effect. Invite on this page if you’re interested. Community Powered – AuthentiKit.org

1 Like

Yes, there is some resurrected scale modelling skills on show there from my teen years!

1 Like

Nearly there with throttle quadrant and trim.

Back with my completed build! The Authentikit system plus the Flying Iron Spitfire for msfs is a perfect pairing.

Next job the throttle quadrant!

3 Likes

And now builds of the quadrant are coming through

2 Likes

It’s a great project to do, takes a few days to get the prints done, an hour or two to assemble and then a day or so to get the look right😁

3 Likes

Latest video now out

2 Likes

Getting my print on for the quadrant!

2 Likes

Of course the MkIX isn’t the only Spitfire. Who’s looking forward to the Mk1a from Aeroplane Heaven? I’ll be ready with my Mk1a quadrant with working War Emergency Power red lever that limits throttle boost until pushed.

mk1a

3 Likes

Great job with the weathering and detail work with this build mate!

I would love to see somebody print this in metal!

1 Like

Finished mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice review of the quadrant and elevator trim wheel