Autogen airports too dark

I’m not seeing any lights at the gates maybe I have a setting off. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Robert

None of the default airports seem to have night lighting other than taxi/runway lights.

Power cut maybe?

Seriously, it’s almost impossible to find your gate or parking.

3 Likes

Well, the ramp flood lights. Hope Asobo release some kind of editor for default airports, because right now all airports are completely dark at night.

1 Like

I guess that it’ll be part of a new update sometimes soon or later.

they are not reflective in the RW, why would they be reflective in the sim?

the landing/taxi lights are far too dim compared to the RW counterparts, and, there is no ramp lighting at major airports via floodlights.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I was suggesting making the lines, and markings more reflective paint like on roadways. I know for fact that airports in the world do indeed have retro-reflective properties in the marking paint.

Anyway, they need to fix this because landing at night is not good at all in the new sim.

https://www.icao.int/APAC/Meetings/2015%20VisualAids/HANDBOOK.pdf

2 Likes

most major airports are not reflective markings, simply because of the high intensity landing lights on the aircraft and the precision lights of the runways themselves.

if anything needs to be fixed its the landing lights on the planes with higher intensity and brighter focused beams.

yes smaller airports can and may have them, but the core error is the low and dull intensity of the landing lights on the aircraft.

One thing I’m missing more for night flights on default airports is some kind of illumination for the ramp/gate stands.

While we wait for an airport gateway, I think a basic implementation of this feature could help a lot for night ops.

This is what I mean with flood lights, just in case someone has any doubt

3 Likes

Same here I think the default airports don’t have them? Maybe it will be implemented in the future.

1 Like

As the title says, it appears most airports are incredibly dark around the terminals and aprons at night. In most cases, especially at international and larger airports, most of the areas around the airport should be lit up like Christmas trees with bright, white fluorescent flood-lights.

This will also allow for easier navigation for pilots on the ground who are taxing to the gate or parking spot, as of right now it can be very hard to see especially in bad weather. It was a little disappointing to see that Handcrafted airports such as Heathrow did not receive this adequate lighting and even features missing taxi-way lighting in some areas.

I hope you feel this is something that can greatly improve the user experience. Thank you for reading.

In my opinion runaway and taxi lights are ok. But there no apron light of any kind making the airports very dark.

When I’ll get back from work I’ll post you, guys, some screenshots to show what I mean.

Yes, dark default airports… it feels like… fsx :grimacing:… would be great if the algorythm places some default apron lights etc.

3 Likes

i have noticed that a lot of airports have very poor general lighting,ie no lighting towers .
Is this only available at custom airports (star)??

1 Like

Yep, me to, Landed at Hong Kong and all RW and taxi way lights were there but as soon as you got near gate there were no floodlights lighting the ramp. Not very realistic .

1 Like

Yep totally agree, needs fixing or maybe they could add a selection to the AI control for the CO Pilot to jump out and find gate with a flashlight :joy:

4 Likes

Dear Readers,

I always ask a question why no airport lighting at all? I always stay in the dark at a ramp.
Important to add night lighting for the airports. Realism = 0

Regards,

Yep, can certainly understand how this is a disappointment. Generic airports are just that, generic. The community is already working hard to update airports… it really is amazing to see. We’re in very early days, my friend. Over time many of these issues will be taken care of.

It would help if you report specific airports where you see this to Zendesk. Adding the specific facilities to the development backlog puts them in line for fixing at some later date. Someone else, and maybe a 3PD may update the airport sooner. Thanks.

1 Like

Still no proper terminal lighting after patch

2 Likes

Don’t forget to submit this issue to Zendesk so that the team is aware that its a problem for multiple people. I just submitted mine.

2 Likes