Automatic Selection of Profiles based on Aircraft

I have a Thrustmaster T.1600M joystick, TWCS throttle, TCA Airbus T.A320 joystick, TCA Throttle with Flaps/Spoiler.

In MSFS I have one aircraft named profile (FBW A320, Fenix A320, PMDG 737) needed for each of these 4 devices, so a total of 12 profiles.

I constantly switch between these aircraft and have to switch the 4 profiles to match the aircraft.

Is there any way in MSFS or with addon software to automatically switch profiles based on aircraft selected ?

I do have the registered FSUIPC7, but this can’t do it.

Any help is appreciated.

No I don’t believe there is any method to achieve this at this time.

There is a wish list item for it if you search for it.

1 Like

Hi @StridentMink30,
As pointed out by @skypilotYTS, this currently isn’t possible.

You may contribute by voting for this wishlist here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ability-to-have-separate-control-setups-for-each-aircraft-without-having-to-manually-switch-between-20-controller-profiles/267419

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you team for the advice. I have voted at the wish list, but with 495 votes dating back two years, it doesn’t seem to be a priority for MSFS.

I was hoping there might be an SDK or similar which might allow an after market software tool to switch profiles…

1 Like

Yes, it’s possible, with SPAD.neXt. The program changes automatically every time you
pick a new plane, and of course a ton more things.

1 Like

Also with AAO

1 Like

Hi all,

can’t find or how to create joystick profile for exact plane (glider) and automatic change when change another plane or heli for example??
Is this even possible in MSFS?

Sorry you can’t, you have to do it manually

Unless you dump the internal joystick profile configs and use something like SPAD.neXt in stead.

It can be done. This is for the Honeycomb Alpha, but the different assignments can be made with any joystick.

5 configurations for Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant in MSFS 2020. - YouTube

Of course, but the OP wants the sim to switch the profiles automatically when changing plane. A reasonable request, but currently not possible.

1 Like

you can use fsuipc for this, i guess:)

Use SpadNext or FSUIPC or AXIS and OHS. problem solved.

https://www.spadnext.com/home.html
http://www.fsuipc.com/

2 Likes

This was a great feature in X-Plane. Sadly, I have not seen any evidence it may be implemented in MSFS. It’s a pain to keep changing the profile when choosing different planes in my virtual hangar.

1 Like

It’s not only one joystick. I use LeoBodnar card with my DIY panel, Winwing, Saitek, my copy of Trustmaster rudder. In DCS this works perfect. Flying Condor2 to a lot

tnx

Thank you for your replies. I am trialling SPAD.neXt, and would appreciate some help from you Spad.neXt experts.

I have working MSFS Control profiles for each aircraft (FBW A320, Fenix A320, PMDG 737).

I have created a SPAD.neXt profile for each aircraft, and I see SPAD.neXt switches to this as I change aircraft . How do I ensure each profile invokes the matching MSFS Control profile as I change aircraft? Can this be done?

Or am I required to implement all device controls in SPAD.neXt ?

Any help is appreciated

1 Like

can you please share the profiles?