Automatic Wind and turbulence - how to turn it off?

How can we fly a nice gentle VFR in clear air without turbulence. Seems SUD9 injects this even when in the weather UI I delete the wind layer…

thanks.

1 Like

have you tried turing off live weather and selecting the ‘Clear Sky’ preset?

Yes, i’ve tried everything/combination in the weather UI to no avail. The first thing i’d always do on start up is get rid of the wind and turbulence. Now that we have this turbulence regardless, that loss of control is a little step backwards…

2 Likes

Hmm, I don’t have that, if I set live to off and clear skies and dial out the wind, then there is no wind.

Turbulence could be thermal. Try flying somewhere with very consistent temps, like cool air over ocean.

I am also unable to turn off the constant turbulence after the last update, until now it was possible just by turning the wind off/setting wind speed to zero/or deleting all wind layers and in that way achieving perfectly still flight, however unrealistic that may or may not be - now im almost seasick while flying the tbm for example.

what was also possible until now was to set a layer of ground wind which was nice for wind effect during landing or takeoff, and a higher layer with slower or also no winds and acheive the same edn result (much smoother flight, or even completely smooth in not flying in clouds).

Seriously hope this will be possible somehow again.

1 Like

The developers say if you want no turbulence or very little fly early morning or late evening or over large bodies of water. If nothing else it will improve our flying skills and to be honest turbulence is something we should not have control over, its a thing pilots have to deal with after all.

1 Like

What do you want, a plane that’s on rails with the option to turn if you want ?
I thought its a simulator and as such should simulate a plane in flying in the real world.

2 Likes

Hello,
Any “How do I…?” questions belong in Community Support. Your question was moved there.

Thanks. I’m just surprised we don’t have the same control that we have over all the other elements of the weather engine… oh well, better get the sick bag out…

I completely agree, and am having this issue since update 9. Never before. Even the autopilot cannot handle to severe bouncing.

That didn’t work for me.