Autopilot A320 neox loses course

Autopilot A320 neox loses course

Greetings to all and sorry for my English is a translator.

I’m starting to fly with the A320 NEOX, until now I only flew propeller planes. The issue is that I program the flight and everything is correct, but it usually happens to me very frequently that at one point in the flight with the autopilot connected, it begins to lose its way, as if it were spinning, so I manually put it back on. on course on the correct route and is already flying correctly.
Do you know why this can happen, I don’t touch the controls or the autopilot disconnects, it fails without touching it.

Greetings and thanks

1 Like

It happens to me on every flight with the FBW A320 due to the DISCONTINUITIES (you may see them on the MCDU and on Nav Display. My solution if to do a DIR TO the next way point and then I’m back on track.
On the Asobo A320, arriving to some airports you may loose the track due to a bug nearby the end of the Star and the Arrival .In these cases the plane starts circling around .This issue has been discussed in this forum with plenty of posts.

1 Like

After you have the route programmed into the MCDU, you should step through the route and look for discontinuities. These can be cleared using the CLR button. This is how it is IRL. There are lots of instructional vids on the Web

I have to search for these tutorials better. I have installed the FBW A320 at the beginning of December (so litte experience) ,have read many times the FBW instructions but couldn’t find a real solution to remove these discontinuities. I have loaded the latest STABLE V 0.9.1 and Simbrief 0.3.19 and have no subscriptions to Navigraph. I suspect that some problems are nested there.

Thank you very much for the advice, I will be aware of those discontinuous points and I hope it is solved.

Greetings and thanks

You are very welcome. I love the FBW A320 and fly it much of the time.
Something else you might like to try. If you click F-PLN on the MCDU you can see your flightplan in the display above. Ap and to the right of this there is a knob with LS, ROSE VOR, NAV, ARC and PLAN, It will probably be on ARC. Turn the knob to PLAN and you can step through the plan using the up and down arrows on the MCDU. A discontinuity is just a gap which you will see as you step through the flight plan. CLR it and the plan will join up.
Happy flying!

Hi DorchFlier, I read all over the places that discontinuities must be cleared but no one tell exactly how to do that. On MCDU I can add waypoints and clear them with CLR but couldn’t find a way to clear discontinuities. For instance, if on a route you see a discontinuity between waypoint " D" and “E” what do you do then? Which is the sequence of the clicks?

Press CLR on the MCDU, then the button at the side of the discontinuity and it should go. This works 90% of the time.
Occasionally one cannot be deleted - usually when an arrival link is not connected. Then leave it in place until you arrive at it in flight and then use the direct to (DIR) method, selecting the first point after the gap.
Let me know if that works for you.

Hi , I am flying right now , I did a discontinuity CLR before departure as you said and it worked fine. I am sure I did the same previously but it didn’t work (I might have been inside the 10% not working cases). I’ve just landed now without this type of problems .
Thank you very much for your feed-back.

Hi everyone,
I actually have not a probleme only on the Altitude showing on the A320NX from Flybywire…
the WHOLE Autopilot simply closes/scratches, 2 minutes after take off; no further activation possible.
Did you already have such big bug with this aircraft?
Many thanks #autopilot

I have had the same problem on the X Box X version (which works perfectly as such with mouse, yoke, rudder and keyboard that I bought).
Despite al your good advices, nothing solved the problem, until I deleted the Airbus A320CEO from LVFR package, turned the system off, on again and re-installed the package, problems solved!