Autopilot not working on a lot of planes

Hi, I’ve noticed some planes now the A/P won’t engage at all. I noticed this happened on my dad’s computer once we got the Honeycomb Alpha yoke for him. And now the same thing is happening on my computer with the same yoke. However, even when I click the A/P button in the cockpit or my keyboard shortcut for these planes, it doesn’t turn on, it just shows the blinking yellow on the Garmin, but won’t actually turn on. Some planes I’ve noticed this is; SR22, TBM930, DA40NG, DV20. Not sure if it’s a bug or user error, but since it’s happened on two different machines now, it makes me think it’s a bug.

After a quick test, the AP on the SR22 seems to work if you start the plane running on the runway, But if you start on the apron(which I prefer to do), it still has this problem

I don’t think autopilots are designed to work on the ground. If it is enabled to climb to an altitude or follow a GPS flight path, wouldn’t it start “autopiloting” on the taxiway like taking off? I would think this might even be a safety hazard. Can any autopilot control a plane if there is an engine out during takeoff?

No I meant starting on the runway with the engine going, compared to starting on the ramp cold and dark. I dont engage AP until I get in the air.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.