Autopilot OFF (possible G3X bug?) question

Hi!

I have a question about turning off the autopilot during the flight. I noticed also difference between behavior of shortkeys and panel.
This is an example of a paid add-on, but it works the same in default planes with default Garmin G3N - mostly GA planes).

What is the difference between the yellow autopilot disable indicator on the top part of screen and the red one on G3X? See those icons:

Turning on from the keyborad or joystick (red one):

Turning off from autopilot panel (by mouse) in the plane:

The yellow one disappears after a while after the signal, the red one is still on.

Interestingly, in the setting options for controls there are several options regarding autopilot on and off, but none of them (for off) causes a yellow marker on Garmin G3N, all of them are red, including Autopilot MASTER.

So this seems like some kind of bug from @Asobo side?

Default plane, no any gps/Garmin mods, the same, from the autopilot panel I see yellow marker when Im turning off autopilot, the same function from the keyboard/joystick only red marker on the screen (and this red marker never gone):

Any idea?

​

No need to tag a random user named Asobo…

The disconnect button on the stick and the disconnect button on the panel are 2 different things. Normally on the stick you have to press twice, 1 time to disengage AP, a second time to clear the warning. This is as IRL

Furthermore, the G3X is completely overhauled in the current running beta (SU15) giving it a MUCH more realistic system. So even if this is a bug, it’s most likely different in the next sim update.

2 Likes

Yes, I run 1.36.2.0 version, so its not the beta. I’ll check it when SU15 will be released. I hope it will be improved.

Is this by the Working Title team? I remember way back when they were working on improvements, but when they were brought into the official fold to continue with the G1000 and G3000, work on the G3X was pretty much abandoned.

1 Like

It indeed is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Outstanding! I was a big fan of their work even before they were made “official,” but saddened when work on the G3X stopped. I always knew it could be much better.

2 Likes