Avoid DC Design/Just Flight F-15

The F-15 add on is a shocker. Lots of inop items (but it doesnt tell you) slow frame rate, and doesnt get off the ground. This is really Alpha code Its not too much to expect a working product given the premium price being charged.

Its why I am boycotting its developer and distributor DC Design and Just Flight. There are others out there that dont try to pass-off Alpha code as a release product.

5 Likes

See the latest in depth review by Overkill on YouTube which demonstrably contradicts some of what you say.

Especially the bit about ā€œdoesnā€™t get off the groundā€. What you said is a downright lie.

5 Likes

Sounds like someone ordered a product blindfolded, and is now blaming everyone else for his own ignorance.

4 Likes

Bought it on specā€¦ 0.1.0 and thought ok this will be a change from the usual A320/747/787.

To Just Flights credit they have refunded, but my experience with the product remains as posted. Have no problems with any of the other Aircraft in the sim and the add-ons purchased (Aermacchi MB-339) itā€™s an honest review of my experience with the product.

I do note there is some great work being done by community member YuriKAiRi to fix allot of issues with it.

2 Likes

I think your response says everything we need to know about the quality of 3rd party add-ons being produced, in that someone would be seen as a fool for buying something released without checking to make sure itā€¦ should be released!!! So yeah, I donā€™t think that is in any way the fault of the purchaser and is 100% the fault of the developers. Shock horrorā€¦ that someone might like the look of something and buy it on impulse. Shouldnā€™t be anything nasty in doing that! Not everyone analyses everything they buy.

Also, MSFS is still a new product and itā€™s about time we gave developers a hard time for releasing bad thingsā€¦ we have an opportunity as customers to take a stand. I say call-out the rubbish and donā€™t stand for it. Asking for a refund was totally the right thing to do in my opinion.

If we see something advertised in the store, we should be able to trust that itā€™s not a POS. If it is, then we should be able to post on opinion of it, and not be shut down or called ignorant.

And by the way @BubbaVonBraun thanks for the opinion on it.

5 Likes

I donā€™t in any way condone these kind of practices by the devs, but there is also a responsibility of the consumer to him/herself. Taking marketing speech as fact is just naivety, and ofter leads to disappointment after purchase. I agree that it would be nice if there was such thing as quality standard when it comes to 3rd party products on the marketplace, unfortunately thatā€™s not the case currently. Only way to find out is to wait for some reviews from those who have already made the jump.

2 Likes

An honest greedy person. Isnā€™t that a paradox?

I agree with the sentiments. It would be nice to have a marketplace for our simulator that has a higher set standard. However, I donā€™t know of any counterpart that does this. So, the ā€œbuyer bewareā€ mantra is always present.

YouTube reviews are always a good way to see reviews and get an idea of what to expect. Since it sounds like many are getting a burn from expectations, those will be doing more review searching for other marketplace purchases.

Did you man sure you had the Modern flight model selected in the options menu? ā€œNot getting off the groundā€ is a common symptom of having the Legacy model selected.

2 Likes

Yup, he was most likely on Legacy Mode, caught a lot of folks out that one. Eagles fly just fine in the Modern Mode theyā€™re designed to use, and even better with the recent 0.2.0 release. Still some bugs, but nothing deal-breaking, and performance and appearance is improving with each update.

Users do indeed need to ensure theyā€™re using the correct flight model setting, and also to read the manual - even Overkill tried to take off without take-off trim set, and wondered why the roll was long. Same for the landing - came in too fast, while using head-tracking, position too low in the cockpit, and wondered why the landing was long and why the HUD velocity vector in a non-collimated HUD was off-centre ( MSFS cannot support collimated HUDs yet ).

There are some things that you just canā€™t cureā€¦

1 Like

So Bubbaā€¦just to clarifyā€¦did you have it on modern or legacy?

Completly Agree with you!
I will no more buying DC Designā€™s garbage, too.

Plus, Their answers are not as good as no answer in forum and Facebook.
Based on my experience in customer response, DC design responds like an amateur.
If I were DC designā€™s customer response officer, I would have instructed ā€˜him or herā€™ not to say anything at the forum.

After reading all of the posts regarding this F-15, especially, Jackā€™s and Deanoā€™s impromptu collaborations, once the version 2.0 came out I purchased it and have been flying all models. I know it/they remain(s) a work in progress but the price for a M2.4 fighter within the framework of MSFS was WELL WORTH IT!!! I look forward to additional patches which will only improve the models and experience.

3 Likes

A: If you couldnā€™t even get it off the ground, thatā€™s a ā€œYouā€ problem. As others have stated mostly likely you had the classic, not modern flight model enabled.

B: You are posting about your experience with 0.10 after the dramatically improved 0.20 was released. Maybe one could quibble that 0.10 wasnā€™t ready for release, but 0.20 came very quickly and the feedback gained from people trying 0.10 really improved 0.20.

Itā€™s still not perfect, but itā€™s dramatic how many significant things were improved in about a week after initial release. It was never marketed as a study level aircraft. It IS a LOT of fun in itā€™s current state. I have no regrets buying it and I know itā€™s going to continue to improve. Thereā€™s two other updates planned in the coming month, not to mentioned the great mods people have been doing.

This ā€œreviewā€ seems based on a very poor understanding and likely some mistakes on the reviewerā€™s part and borders on slander, defamation.

2 Likes

For anyone emotional about MSFS and related, I think they have selected the wrong sim. MSFS is a platform that requires commitment. Itā€™s not plug and play nor you can expect to love it all the time. If you are committed and understand the world of FS, then you will appreciate it. You will appreciate F15 0.1 to 0.2 improvements. Every day I try to appreciate one thing at time with FS. VR is that thing. Itā€™s not perfect but when you start it (as broken as it is) you donā€™t go back to 2D. Itā€™s buggy as hell but this is journey and a sim. Itā€™s important to understand what you are getting yourself into. For me it is worth it!:+1:t4:

1 Like

Speaking of which, will a future update give that cockpit some attention? As much as Iā€™d love to buy this bird, this is an area where it does not shine and the reason I am currently giving it a hard pass. When Iā€™m sitting in an arm chair with a coffee at my elbow, flight dynamics are kinda relative, but what I can see on my 4K screen isnā€™t, especially if Iā€™m shelling out $41 USD.

Asobo needs to let aircraft makers override the flight model in the xml or .cfg files, or show an error message if the wrong option is selected, or something. Itā€™s totally unfair to create 100s of support requests and bad comments about developerā€™s aircraft because the sim lets people pick an option that breaks things. An option that has no business being in the menu in the first place, since even the stock Asobo aircraft arenā€™t properly tuned for the Legacy option. Let the people making sketchy FSX imports specify the Legacy option in their .cfg filesā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m flying it without any issues, and it is one of the more fun planes to fly (and I have almost every plane available). Not sure what your specific difficulty is, but if you canā€™t get it to take off, it is almost certainly something incorrectly set in your sim. The legacy vs. modern flight model is the most likely issue. Can you check that and report, since there are a lot of posts that would agree with my take on the plane.
Best,
Mark

2 Likes

ā€œwill a future update give that cockpit some attention?ā€

What are you basing this on? If you havenā€™t bought it and are looking at an image or video someone else made, very good chance you are seeing the 0.10 cockpit and yes, that was lacking in geometry and texture detail. But the latest 0.20 is a huge improvement. Still perhaps not the most incredible cockpit detailing on an MSFS aircraft, but itā€™s not bad at all. Looks pretty cool to me. And it will likely keep improving in the future too!

2 Likes

Open mouth, insert foot.

Of course. Most folks hadnā€™t heard of me before the Eagle launch on MSFS ( the scale of which caught me completely off guard ) but I routinely update my products and donā€™t do ā€œabandonwareā€. The Eagle launch is now in its upgrade phase, which involves everything from textures to bug fixes to full custom sound and so on. Should be complete by the end of February. I wonā€™t labour the point by repeating here what Iā€™ve tried to tell the community everywhere, but itā€™s all part of the plan and at the end of it, the Eagleā€™s should be at full visual MSFS quality, and up to scratch everywhere with the exception of detailed systems, which I donā€™t do as I target the casual / fun / entertainment market. Hope that all makes sense :+1:

5 Likes