Axis and Ohs: Help and questions

@bLindyee
thanks for the script. But as a real newby :thinking: how can handle this script when I’m using the Elgato Stream Deck Plugin? Thinking I must use a “Toggle” in this plugin and write this:
example

I’m not that familiar with streamdeck plugin but you could try to send ! as a value.

Or you create script I wrote earlier in AAO and call that script in streamdeck.

I believe you can call the script in sd with K variable and then groupname-scriptname

@bLindyee Thank you for your help and tips.

Maybe @LorbySI will read this and give me a hint also

@ mikemolto8702

What do you think about Elgato Stream Deck ? Worth of buying ?

@AnimalString558 For me it’s the best Hardware for realize some kind of Hobby Cockpit. I also have a Class Echo from ShakePrint simulations. Both are worthwhile purchases in my opinion.

During my xCUB (no mods) project, I noticed that when using Working Title G3X Touch mod, things changing…or is it just me who thinks so ? :blush:
Has anyone tried to do a similar project on the G3X Touch as @rottenbk in his G1000 project yesterday?

These LVars are tricky. Some of them don’t retain the value that you assign, they are mere triggers. The CRJ HUD that I published above is one of them - you can send either 1 or 0 to it, and the HUD will go up or down - but when you read the LVar it always has the same value. Which is why the toggle script has a local LVar to hold the toggle value.

So reading the value of those LVars will yield no result, and doing a “!” on them won’t work. Did you try an On/Off button and assigning the values 1 and 0 to the LVar?

The Script (L:WT_CJ4_EMER_LIGHT_ARMED, Bool) ! (>L:WT_CJ4_EMER_LIGHT_ARMED, Bool) works :slight_smile:

I will try later the on/off Button.

1 Like

I spent a few moments last night with the EA Release: Working Title G3X Touch Mod Have you researched its mods @Lorby-SI ? Is it possible that variables detected via MSFS DevMode would not be found in the AAO even though HVAR and LVAR have just been run. I was looking for MENU, NRST etc keys and Rotarians, but I couldn’t find them. Or is it OK to just write them into scripts editor ? Do the variables need to be found in the HVAR LVAR etc list in the AAO for them to work?

Regards…

is it OK to just write them into scripts editor

Yes. Just don’t forget to add a unit, like “, Number” = (L:whatevervar, Number) (>H:anothervar, Number)
Otherwise the LVar doesn’t leave AAO.

Do the variables need to be found in the HVAR LVAR etc list in the AAO for them to work?

No. Those scanners are only a convenience method. Not all LVars are visible at all times, they are specific to the aircraft and some of them are only visible when they have been used first. So it is relatively normal that some won’t show up when you go looking for them. HVars are static anyways, they cannot be acquired “live” (= the list of HVars will only change when you install new aircraft)

1 Like

Great, Thanks @LorbySI ! This again helps me to move forward in understanding the different variables and how to use them. And of course, BIG THANKS for your great support on this forum :clap:

To find the LVars via AAO you need to search for them every time after restarting AAO.
The method should be → search for them when you loaded a flight with the specific aircraft you want them for. Otherwise it’s very likely that they won’t show up.

I have the tiller assigned to an axis on an old saitek throttle quadrant using the SET_STEERING event ( Axis Up turns right and Axis down turns left).

Is it possible that when i turn off the nosewheel steering switch in the CRJ it can disable or limit the SET_STEERING event?

Is it possible that when i turn off the nosewheel steering switch in the CRJ it can disable or limit the SET_STEERING event?

I would use local LVars for that.
With AAO 2.04 you can send the axis value to a script. So I would create a steering script “Scripts-SteeringScript” like this:
(L:SteeringOn) 1 == if{ (L:Scripts-SteeringScript) (>K:STEERING_SET) }
assign the script to an axis with Axis Min = -16383 and Axis Max = +16383, and set the (L:SteeringOn) to 0 or 1 in yet another script to be operated with the steering switch.

So the steering switch would set the (L:SteeringOn), and its value of 1 or 0 will make sure that the STEERING_SET will react to the axis position - or not.

Oh nice! I’m going to try this. Thanks

I’ve created the SteeringScript like you said and assigned it to my axis

Just trying to figure this out…not sure I quite understand what you mean.

I’ve created another script called SteeringOn which calls this simvar:

1·(>L:ASCRJ_LSP_NW_STEER,·Number)

which is the switch for the N/W steering… but nothing seems to happen…i have probably greatly simplified what i am actually supposed to do!

Figured it out another way using just one script…not sure if thats right or not but it seems to work

(L:ASCRJ_LSP_NW_STEER,·Number)·1·==·if{·(L:CRJ-Steering)·(>K:STEERING_SET)·}

i have probably greatly simplified what i am actually supposed to do!

(L:SteeringOn) is a simvar that I just invented. You are supposed to set it to 1 or 0 when you switch nosewheel steering on or off. I have no idea how the last part works and if the LVar that is involved in it will retain the value 1/0 or not. As I wrote above, some do, some don’t.

Scenario 1: (L:ASCRJ_LSP_NW_STEER,·Number) is not only the switch for NW steering, but it also holds the current state of the NW steering = it is 1 when steering is on and 0 when it is off. Then you would change the steering script that is assigned to the axis to this:
(L:ASCRJ_LSP_NW_STEER,·Number) 1 == if{ (L:Scripts-SteeringScript) (>K:STEERING_SET) }
and you only need the one script

Scneario 2: (L:ASCRJ_LSP_NW_STEER,·Number) does not retain the value and is just a trigger. Then it will probably always have the value 0 or 1, no matter if NW steering is on or not (like the CRJ HGS that I wrote about earlier). Then you need my invented LVar, and use it in a second script like this:
1·(L:SteeringOn)·-·(>L:ASCRJ_LSP_NW_STEER,·Number)·1·(L:SteeringOn)·-·(>L:SteeringOn)

Brilliant, thank you. I ended up at Scenario 1 but these tips are greatly appreciated for a scripting dunce like me :slight_smile:

Lorby do you have a forum?

I have some question with regards to Axis/Oh’s