Axis and Ohs: Help and questions

Where di you find it?

Notepad++ → Search → Find in files
Find what: “Asobo_ENGINE_Switch_Starter_Template”
Filters: “*.xml;*.js;*.html”
Directory: the MSFS Packages folder
Checked “In all subfolders”
“Find all”

MSFS relies heavily on centralized templates and reusable code. When analyzing this you have to thread your way through several layers of templates and track the variable values that are being set (to replace the #…# tags in the central script code). Ultimately you will have assembled the code for mouse operation (there are at least two different variants of that in play, a modern one and the old (M:Event) type).

Try this, should work. If you bind it to push button it will go from OFF → AP OFF → ON → OFF and so on.

SIMPROC:(L:XMLVAR_APTrim)·2·==·if{·1·if{·1·(>L:XMLVAR_APTrim)·(A:AUTOPILOT·DISENGAGED,·Bool)·!·if{·(>K:AUTOPILOT_DISENGAGE_TOGGLE)·}·(A:RUDDER·TRIM·DISABLED,·Bool)·if{·0·(>K:RUDDER_TRIM_DISABLED_SET)·}·(A:AILERON·TRIM·DISABLED,·Bool)·if{·0·(>AILERON_TRIM_DISABLED_SET)·}·}·}·els{·(L:XMLVAR_APTrim)·1·==·if{·1·if{·0·(>L:XMLVAR_APTrim)·(A:AUTOPILOT·DISENGAGED,·Bool)·if{·(>K:AUTOPILOT_DISENGAGE_TOGGLE)·}·}·}·els{·(L:XMLVAR_APTrim)·0·==·if{·2·(>L:XMLVAR_APTrim)·(A:AUTOPILOT·DISENGAGED,·Bool)·!·if{·(>K:AUTOPILOT_DISENGAGE_TOGGLE)·}·}·}

Hi an thx for the script. It toggle between “AP OFF” <-> “ON”. It do not go to “OFF”. If you have an Idea why it is like this, let me know. But i can live with that. TXH again.

Ah ok, i only searched in the Aircraft Folder.

Yeah you are right. If you manipulate the switch with mouse first it will work like I said. I don’t know why it’s not working correctly, need to investigate more.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The AAO WASM module is not compatible with the new simulator update!

Please remove “lorbysi-content-hooks” from your community folder or the sim will not start.

At the moment I can’t offer a solution. Asobo assured me that the changes in the WASM modules that have been announced earlier (5 weeks ago) would not affect my module. Yet here we are.

We will start looking into this as soon as possible. For now, accessing LVars or HVars through AAO is no longer possible. The rest of the app is working nornally.

Thanx for the quick announcement.
My computer is downloading the latest update as I type this :slight_smile:

Should have read this 30 min ago and I would have less wrinkles in my face.

This seems to affect all standalone WASM modules. So if you have SPADNext, Mobiflight, FSUIPC etc., you may have to remove their modules too.

Yeah, my CJ4 is grounded until further notice…

Thanks Asobo!

Matt from WorkingTitle stated that it’s crashing probably because those security updates to execute_calculator_code. Do you think it’s possible to fix it or does it require something from Asobos side?

Matt from WorkingTitle stated that it’s crashing probably because those security updates to execute_calculator_code. Do you think it’s possible to fix it or does it require something from Asobos side?

From what I can see, the module doesn’t even get that far.

I made the hard test, I just built the example standalone WASM from the (new, .12) SDK - same problem. That one has practically nothing in it, just a simple SimConnect call.

So from my perspective, this is something that only Asobo can fix. I’ve already posted this over in the 3PD section.

Oh no, i don’t like having to wait for Asobo to fix things…that usually takes weeks or months :frowning:

Hello @ll,

the issue has been confirmed by Asobo in the 3PD section:

1 Like

Thanks for the update! I hope they can fix it quickly

Hello @ll,

just to be clear – the external AxisAndOhs app continues to work normally. Removing the WASM module “only” compromises the access to LVars and HVars!
The standard simulator variables and events, Desktop and WebFIPs, Saitek and VRI bridges work the same as before.

4 Likes

Hello @ll,

I found a solution to make the AAO WASM module work again. But it is clunky and not for the faint of heart. The general idea is, that the WASM module is installed as an aircraft gauge instead of a stand alone module - and that must be done by (your) hand, for every aircraft that you want to use LVars/Hvars with.

This requires a new version of AAO, but the 2.06 is still in early stages, so I can only offer this to interested customers who want to take the plunge with a pre-release version.

If you are in desperate need of the LVar/HVar functionality and don’t mind a bit of manual labor, please send me your proof of purchase and I will provide the new version and instructions about how to implement it. Email address is on the last page of the AAO manual.

From my personal point of view I’d rather wait for Asobo to fix the root cause of this problem, but I acknowledge that people are annoyed as *ell too.

4 Likes

pls send me the Version.
I cant play msfs without your Tool

GREAT, you are my hero :100:

:boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom:

THANK YOU