Axis and Ohs: Help and questions

Can’t you send it back if it doesn’t do what you want?

In general, Korg makes very good MIDI devices, and I see no reason why it shouldn’t work. I have a few MIDI devices from various manufacturers here, and they all work fine. But I don’t have this one.

But better be safe than sorry. Maybe you could post a separate thread asking specifically about this device?

In my country (South Africa) returns are painful as heck heehee

While I like the idea of using the sliders as rocker switches for lights etc, the Korg device seems to have rotary encoders with start/end stops. Meaning, you can’t turn them round and round endlessly. Not sure if that is true, but if it is, it makes the rotaries useless for flightsim purposes IMHO.

Here you can order overlays for the X-Touch Mini

A question for the Behringer X-Touch Mini:
The Heading Bug is working with a rotary encoder.
Can anybody tell me how to switch the Heading bug between small and large increment?

I’d suggest using RPN scripts in AAO, since the heading bug event ignores the values that you send it.

Scripts would look something like this:

Increase heading bug by 10 degrees
(A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, Degrees) 10 + (>A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, Degrees)

Decrease heading bug by 10 degrees
(A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, Degrees) 10 - (>A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, Degrees)

Thanks for the help, unfortunately I didn’t get it together

As a workaround, try setting the Heading Bugs (INC and DEC) to Repeat. That will make the bug spin a bit faster, sort of like it would if you used the mouse.

? It is really not that complicated.

1. You go to “Scripting->Manage RPN Scripts”
  2. Type “HdgLargeInc” into the “Script Title” box
  3. Copy and paste the script code into the large textbox: (A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, Degrees) 10 + (>A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, Degrees)
  4. Press “Save as new”
  5. Repeat for the other script:
  6. Type “HdgLargeDec” into the “Script Title” box
  7. Copy and paste the script code into the large textbox: (A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, Degrees) 10 - (>A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, Degrees)
  8. Press “Save as new”
  9. Press “Close”

Now, when you assign a button, you will find the two scripts in the node “Scripts” of the event selection dialog. You can assign them to a button/rotary/whatever like any other event.

and if I want small increments I have to change 10 + to 1+, correct?

and if I want small increments I have to change 10 + to 1+, correct?

No. If you want small increments, you just assign the proper simulator events to the knob directly - those change by 1 anyway (HEADING_BUG_INC / HEADING_BUG_DEC)

To assign all that to a rotary encoder with a single button to toggle it, follow the instructions higher up in this thread.

You need four assignments in total.

1. The “largeInc” script is assigned to rotary right
  2. The “heading bug Inc” event is also assigned to the same rotary right in an extra button assignment
  3. The “largeDec” script is assigned to rotary left
  4. The “heading bug dec” event is also assigned to the same rotary left in an extra button assignment

Then proceed with chapter 3.5.4 in the manual:

• open 1, click on the “Assigned Combo” LED, press your desired button, check “is Toggle” and “suppress key down event”, save
  • open 2, click on the “Assigned Combo” LED, press your button, check “is Toggle”, save
  • open 3, click on the “Assigned Combo” LED, press your button, check “is Toggle” and “suppress key down event”, save
  • open 4, click on the “Assigned Combo” LED, press your button, check “is Toggle”, save

That’s it. Provided your toggle button is set up correctly, the same rotary encoder will make small or large changes in both directions.

Ok thank you.
I will try it.

Sorry but those are changing the bug by 10, not by 1

This works
But I don´t knew how to switch between large and small with 1 keypress?

It would be very nice if you could put all into one to do list, step by step.
This would be a very helpful tutorial for all.
Thank you

Sorry but those are changing the bug by 10, not by 1

Not by default. That only happens when controller acceleration is active in the sim = you have a button somewhere that is being pressed all the time (and picked up directly by the sim)

1 Like

This works
But I don´t knew how to switch between large and small with 1 keypress?

Simple. You make two scripts with increment 10 and two additional ones with increment 1. Four scripts in total. Those you use to create the required four assignments for the rotary encoder with an associated Combo toggle button - as described above. Way up in this thread there are pictures too.

Thank you, it works.

A question for the A320 Neo:
Is there a key or a script to switch between “Managed Heading Mode” and “Selected Heading Mode” or “Managed Altitude Mode” and “Selected Altitude Mode”?

A question for the A320 Neo:
Is there a key or a script to switch between “Managed Heading Mode” and “Selected Heading Mode” or “Managed Altitude Mode” and “Selected Altitude Mode”?

There is. Use these

K:SPEED_SLOT_INDEX_SET
K:VS_SLOT_INDEX_SET
K:HEADING_SLOT_INDEX_SET
K:ALTITUDE_SLOT_INDEX_SET

Example: you can set

1. “Managed Speed Mode” with the code “2·(>K:SPEED_SLOT_INDEX_SET)”
  2. “Selected Speed Mode” with the code “1·(>K:SPEED_SLOT_INDEX_SET)”

Create scripts with those or assign the K - Events to buttons directly and select the appropriate value in the little box.