Back to XPlane. I uninstalled this. Don't want to pay to be a beta tester

Update 1/2/2021: I have given MSFS another try, for GA flying. It has been working well! My only problem was I was having crashes when I would start a flight, if I had AI traffic turned on. But I’ve just resolved that problem by removing all my addons from the Community folder. No more CTDs with traffic on. Most of them were liveries. I’ll have to experiment now to figure out which ones caused the problem.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I experienced some initial joy flying the TBM around my local area and a few well drawn points of interest and alongside towering clouds. But after experiencing multiple problems and glitches, from installation to flying, the final straw was flying the 747 and experiencing the electrical system completely shutdown, twice. I don’t have time to waste doing all the preflight preparation and getting into the air for it to just fail miserably due to bugs and lack of optimization. It may have been due to low memory issues. I only have 16GB. Yes I expanded the virtual memory. No help. I’ve never had such basic problems with functionality while using XPlane. Two things that I was looking forward to the most in MSFS were the voluminous clouds and the realistic ground and city textures. Well I have gotten one of those solved in XP to be almost as good as MSFS with the Enhanced Cloudscapes freeware add-on (and the Enhanced-Cloudscapes-Controller to really tweak things). With that, since I mainly fly airliners, not having amazing 3D buildings is not much of a loss since most of my flight time is at high altitude. The Ortho4XP scenery I have added is all I need. So I’m out for now and will save my money until MSFS has had time to mature for a year or so.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is anyone else really dissapointed?