Balkans Bushtrip: Leg Not Registering & Trip now incompleteable & incorrect airport spawn [Screenshots]

Please only post bugs that are new in this build, and tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?

MS Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Brief description of the issue:

I am doing the Balkans bush trip (first time). On Leg 9, from Tirana Airport to Aeroporti i Mifoit (LANO) I landed and it didn’t register. I moved around, tried several times, nothing. I restarted the leg, nothing.

Now, at the bushtrip screen, it says that I still need to complete Leg 9. No problem, I’ll do it again. But upon spawning in, it actually spawns me at LANO Aeroporti i Mifoit which is the destination for that leg, and the navlog is completely blank.

I can now not complete this bushtrip - totally fine, just reporting for bug report purposes.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Image of it spawning me at LANO after pressing the continue button for Leg 9, of which LANO is the destination airport (even though in the text box it says Tirani Airport LATI, I am in fact on the runway for LANO):

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I simply started the bushtrip from the very beginning and continued up until this point without stopping in between. It was when I got to the completion of Leg 9 that this started.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 9 5950x
MSI Ventus RTX 3090
64B DDR4-3200
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero MB
Corsair HX1000 PSU

Peripherals:

Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Captain Pack + Additional Throttle Quadrant (four engines).

Cheers!

Same here! :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi i’ve the same problems and cannot continue the trip… have you found a way to solve the problem and continue the trip?
thanks

Have you tried restarting from a earlier leg and redoing the legs?
Example: If it’s leg 9 causing issues, start re-start on leg 8 or maybe leg 7.

To help sort this out, some questions:
Did the issue start after a crash? (as in flying into a mountain :slight_smile:
Are you using the autopilot at all?
(If you are, is it just the altitude & heading or are you using “Direct To” or …?)

yes, i’ve tried to restart from previous leg 8 and the problem is not solved.
I only used the autopilot with course control and altitude control, no “direct to”. Could this affect the completion of a leg?

A/P for alt and heading seems to be fine to use. I have seen vfr map/gps magenta track line issues if Direct To is used, but not recently.
It’s fine to use alt/hdg.

I’m guessing somehow that Bush Trip data is corrupted? No idea how or why, sorry.
You could delete this entire trip from the Mission Folder and start new.
I have a custom install, so you location may be different.
Note I only have two in there right now…I removed all off my missions because I want to refly them.

:slight_smile: wierd yes, but i like them…

Or maybe just delete the last leg, then try it.

1 Like

Interesting, I had thought progress was stored on your cloud profile. I will take a look in to this solution and give it a try to see what happens when I get back to this point. Thanks!

Initially this thread was created for the SU8 public beta but has since been moved here now that it is no longer in beta. I’m not sure if the issue itself was fixed that was getting stuck at leg 9 (I had thought it was just a random corruption issue for my profile but seems others are encountering it at the same point) but I’ll give your suggestion a shot and report back.

Cheers and thanks for the tip!

Bush trip data is stored locally but your Achievements and achievement progress are not and good news is they are not changed, even if you do remove a completed trip.
Using the windows Reset app also removes all of the Bush Trip data, but again does not affect the Achievements earned so far.

Hm, does this explain why my bush trip overall progress keeps resetting every so often? Sometimes when I’m not being prompted for an update from the MS Store/Xbox app when a sim update or hotfix is available, I run the command for wsreset.exe to reset the Microsoft Store. Does this command also wipe locally stored data for MS Store apps and games? I’m wondering if I’ve accidentally just found out why my bushtrip progress (even for 100% completed ones) seemingly would reset to 0% complete at random. The completionist in me is bothered by that :smiley:

In any case thanks I’m going to try this later on and see if I can complete the trip. Cheers

1 Like

I’m not sure on that part, haven’t had to use that, but sounds like it does if your bush trips are set back to zero.

One more thing if my memory servers correct:
If you just delete a BT leg, when you go back to the BT Menu for that trip, it may still show the Continue Button and if you select that, it will still be the wrong start point.

If you deleted leg 9 for instance, when you start again, select leg 8 and Restart From
You will need to refly that last leg but after that, using continue will work ok.

I just reached LANO and can confirm this is broken for me as well. Flew a perfect leg, landed, nothing. Guess I’m stuck here until a fix.

Has anyone on this thread opened a Zendesk ticket yet?

I’ve just started working on the Balkans Bush Trip but currently on leg 5. How do we get to the developers for them to fix this? Judging by the age of other articles I’ve seen mentioning this it’s not looking like it’ll be done soon. :frowning:

1 Like

#pc I’m stuck at Leg 9 as well. If I restart back a leg at 8 and then return to leg 9, I can restart Leg 9 from LATI but flying route again is no help. Landing at LANO never gets “checked” complete. After landing at LANO, then going back to main menu then back to leg 9, I’m back on the LANO and the NAVLOG is blank and still can’t get “checked” leg complete.

I would recommend you open a ticket on Zendesk. The more tickets open, the more likely they will address it sooner.

I just opened a ticket. Thanks!

news from support ticket? i’ve the same problem

Nothing yet. I would create another ticket. The more they get, the more likely the will work it. Also vote at the top of this page if you haven’t already.

Here is the link to submit a bug at Zendesk. Submit a request

Click the blank box to bring up the drop down, select “I want to report a bug/a small glitch that DOESN’T prevent me from playing” and then fill out the info. I just referenced this forum post.

I’ve created a ticket as well. Thanks for the link!

First just to confirm what several people have said. The LANO landing is definitely not being detected as end of leg currently, although it worked when the trip was initially released. Don’t bother re-trying the previous leg as it doesn’t help. I think that the Balkans trip is the only one of the official trips that has this type of problem at the moment.

More generally I’ve learnt by (bitter?!!) experience that it pays to keep a backup copy of each leg once it is completed. The backups must be stored in a totally separate folder from the missions. Just storing them with a different name in the missions folder or a child folder causes all sorts of problems! I have a general fs bush backups folder and within that a folder for completed missions.

Sooner or later your live missions are likely to be lost. It happened to me recently when I left the SU8 beta and followed all the steps to the letter - but on restarting the sim had no completed trips! Just as well I had those backups :slight_smile:

If anyone is desperate to fly the post LANO Balkans legs pm me with your email and I’ll send you a zip with flight plans for each leg and the nav log extracts.

1 Like

You can create a totally new Balkans Bush Trip as an add-on using 3 addons.

You need to get Little Navmap here. Alex’ Projects ► Little Navmap

These 2 are from Flightsim.to

Balkans Bush Trip Navlog PDF + Flight Plan (Gives PDF Navlog and Flight Plan in Little Navmap format (ie. a LNMPLN file) as well as each of the 16 Balkans legs as PLN files)

BushTripInjector (By loading in a Little Navmap LNMPLN file, you can create your very own Bush Trip. This YouTube video give instructions on how to do it. [Guide] Create awesome Bush Trips for Flight Simulator using Bush Trip Injector. (How to guide) )

Note: The Balkans LNMPLN file above didn’t quite work to make Balkans 16 leg Bush Trip. I had to make some modifications. After loading Balkans.lnpln in Little Navmap, select FlightPlan to bring up the Flight Planning spreadsheet table.

1. Go to the Start LDRI airport on the map in Little Navmap, zoom in the LDRI airport and right mouse click on the LDRI runway icon, and then click “Set Rijeka (LDRI) Airport as Departure (is departure)” to create the Departure Airport.

2. Then go to the last airport LGSR on the map in Little Navmap, zoom in the LSGR airport and right mouse click on the LSGR runway icon, and then click “Set Santorini (LSGR) Airport as Destination (is destination)” to create the final destination airport.

3. For each airport in the Flight plan(LDRO, LDZD, etc.), the square icon marker on the map needs to be moved to be directly on top of the airport icon so that the “Ident” icon changes from a square to an airport icon. After doing this, right mouse click on the “Ident” label and select “Edit Flight Plan Position…”. You will see the Ident becomes an Airport Region instead of a Point of Interest POI label. You can copy paste the previous remarks into the new remarks section. It is important to do this for each airport so that a separate bush trip leg is created for each airport location. See the attached photo showing how the Ident Airports have Airport Icons instead of POI squares.

I flew the first leg and it worked great. It will be interesting to see what happens when I get to leg 9.

You can find the other MSFS 2020 Bush Trips converted Little Navmap format here: [Release] Bush Trip Navlog PDF + LittleNavMap with POI

2 Likes