Ballistic Parachutes

I haven’t seen these features implemented yet, but I know the SR22, CTSL, and Icon A5 have ballistic parachutes, and I just wanted to make sure that it’s on the list of future mechanics, because you can’t fly a Cirrus without a chute.

2 Likes

Don’t understand that one. If can either fly or use the chute :wink:

Not time for joking for me, no chute in a Cirrus could have been acceptable in Alpha but not now. I purchased Premium Deluxe for the Cirrus. In addition some major airports in my Country are missing (reported to Zenedesk an marked as Solved …) Not happy.
This is the best flight simulator platform but those faults are a pity.

1 Like

Seriousness aside and while I’m all for “more realism = better” when it comes to flight sims. The older MS flight simulators always maintained some sense of humour.

Be it a sloppily implemented combat mechanic, planes popping into 50 odd spinning pieces when you hit the runway too hard. Keeping a mutant bicycle in the air. Landing a 747 on an Aircraft Carrier and trying to barrel roll a hot air balloon. I would be sorely disappointed for MSFS2020 to be the one that couldn’t let its hair down…

When hearing about including aircraft with parachutes I’d hoped this tradition would continue :confused:

@PotatoLemming

A little knowledge of aircraft will be nice, please search Cirrus aircraft and you will see… and learn
about its Cirrus Airframe Parachute System (CAPS). And not only Cirrus have this feature.

If you are new in flight simulation, welcome. SR22’s for FSX and X-plane have the CAPS simulated and working.

Since MSFS is a flight simulator and not a crash simulator, I don’t understand why this feature is so important for a few people.
I doubt that many aircraft in FSX/P3D have a working ejection seat.

1 Like

It’s your opinion, mine is that the aircraft systems must be reproduced taking into account that the simulator has a failures section.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Working Emergency Parachutes

Hello,
I moved your top post to another post about aircraft parachutes. While your post is older than the new one I just merged into, it quickly gained more votes than this one. Our forum software lacks the ability to merge votes, so we must always merge into the post with the most votes. Thank you for your understanding.
I know you have not been in the forums for a few months, but if you return, you may wish to vote for the combined topic. Your post is here: