Bandwidth is too low?

Hi there, It says that my bandwidth is too low. What is this i haven’t had this message come up before.?

What speed is your internet? Must be very low (at least at the moment) for it to say that

Hi, It’s about 18 mbps …It’s the first time that I have recieved that message.

Your connection might be having issues/running slow today. On 18mb id make sure you are not streaming or downloading whilst playing. Maybe run a speedtest:

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Yep, had that message with noticable visual issues with my 1gig Google Fiber wired connection. Once it just crashed to main menu I believe. My service runs around 980mb both send/receive. No other components in the house have issues during this time. I assume it was a server problem. Haven’t seen the error in the last 2 weeks though.

Sometimes it was a bug. It always happens?

I don’t believe this my ping was 66.

Ping is not a good indicator of bandwidth. A speed test is a much better way to test bandwidth.

In any case, it might be a temporary issue, maybe something at your ISP choked, or if you’re sharing your connection with other people maybe somebody is taking bandwidth by doing something like streaming video. If it happens once, probably not worth worrying about, if it keeps happening then look into what could be the problem.

Might also remember to go into your “data” option and make sure they’re where you want them. Even a small glitch like this will often reset some of your online options to “off”.
Regards

I remember you. You’re the guy who downgraded from a 50Mbit connection to an 18Mbit expecting that you’d get higher speeds than what you paid for with your 18Mbit DSL.

Not to be an ■■■, but that’s now coming back to bite you…

I will have to look in my data option to check that out. Thanks

Hi there, Crunchmeister71…I totally agree with you…I made a bad mistake when I did that.

Yeah, you’ll never get more than what you pay for. That’s why all Internet providers advertise their packages as “up to” a certain speed. That’s how they can get away with delivering less than you paid for without getting into legal issues. And typically, they always deliver less than advertised. Most not by a lot, but when you have a borderline connection like you do, it doesn’t take much to put you under what you actually need to play MSFS. A little bit of congestion on your node of the network is the difference between you having a normal experience, or getting the error message that you don’t have enough bandwidth.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.