Basic Training - Workarounds to button issues with Xbox HOTAS and Controller

SofaJockey,

Thanks so much for your post. I bought an XBox specifically to play FS2020 and have been getting increasingly frustrated over the last few weeks at my inability ot progress beyond 12% in Basic Controls. Thanks to your post I am now sailing ahead in the training and having fun. Again, thanks.

3 Likes

Hi All,

I have Throttle issues and Thrustmaster havent got a patch for these issues. My last hotas one has last over a year. Went and chewed the bullet for another controller just to see , but i really think its an asobo issue in the game. Pretty hacked off and the best thing is to assign key for throttles

Good Luck All

It is sad to read jerkiness and unreal flight responses seem to be causing problems in the latest version of Flight Simulator for both XBox series X and PC

I am a RL Silver C Sailplane Pilot and have flown light aircraft and microlights. Even so I found thermalling in earlier versions of Flight Simulator challenging!

For the joy of scenery and flight I was delighted that (about 10years ago) Microsoft distributed a demo of its “Flight” program. It not completed to become available for sale.

Astounded by the graphics of Forza Horizon 4 demo on my PC I purchased the full version. This tended to give problems after every W10 upgrade! Opted about a year ago therefore decided to purchase an XBoxOneX.

So disappointed that shortly afterwards I had to upgrade to the expensive X Box X in order to try Microsoft Flight Simulator 2021.

The aircraft on this device and program behave abnormally. The slightest touch on the XBox controller results in the aircraft jumping slightly - this does not happen in real life day to day flying!

I have read that other users have found the same problem and suggested changing the sensitivity. Have done this with little effect but are going through the excellent training videos and taken up the challenge of flying the equivalent of a high speed aerobatic aircraft!
Adjustment of the sensitivity controls for the XBox program does not result in making the movement of the small thumbstick progressive. See there seem to be quite complex procedures to try and deal with this problem for the PC.

Unfortunately XBox X does not recognise or accept the Flight Stick (Logitech) or the Seiko throttle controls and rudder that I had for the PC!

Is the problem is ME? I don’t think so from many other similar reports on the internet- it is a problem that will not be resolved by purchasing a new stick or yoke.

OTH might get gold star awards if I can complete the training courses with the equivalent of a sensitive aerobatic aircraft!!!

Please, send for I your imagens, a don’t view im mi profile, rodrigoalesse@hotmail.com
I need, i so exide for view ther.