Battle of Britain

Here in Canada, this coming Sunday marks the 81 anniversary of the Battle of Britain. Many Commonwealth air crew, Polish and other nations assisted in Victory.

Lest we forgot. Per Ardua Ad Astra

12 Likes

I love Battle of Britain (BoB) history. When visiting the UK from home in Melbourne, Australia, I love to visit some of the many BoB airfields and museums in the south of the UK. Cheers.

2 Likes

a friend of mine, real pilot, now dead, with his c152, ended up inside the reconstruction of a film about the battle of england.
I remember how he told it and we always laughed at it

3 Likes

As a US citizen I have great respect for the Battle of Britain because it saved the US from hosting a main battle Front

1 Like

I commemorate the many casualties on both sides. What a waste.

However I am not sure, as tragic as it all is, if it fits here in this forum. Would the forum also allow the commemoration of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki a bit over a month ago by a Japanese poster. Or Dresden by a German one. Or the end of Vietnam war by a Vietnamese one. Or Stalingrad by a Russian one.

Are only the war winners allowed to post commemorations? What about the other side? Are they also allowed to remember their losses here?

Very very difficult subject.

1 Like

Kindly please focus on MS FS related matters. Thanks.

1 Like