Behringer X-Touch mini works flawless

I’m using a Novation Zero (it has a ton of buttons, 60mm faders and knobs) but I don’t like the quality of the knobs, they don’t “click” enough (think real plane knobs)

How is the feel of the X-Touch knobs? Do they have a solid detent click when you turn them? And can you assign MIDI commands to the push function too?

1 Like

They are super soft and dont really click either. I guess thats the way musicians want that.

Light detents on the knobs, no way near a hard, loud, taptic click or something like that. Could be a little harder to turn actually

No problem assigning the pushbutton features of the rotarys as separate buttons

1 Like

so the axis and oh’s demo software works great with the buttons. But i’m not sure what’s going on with the encoders. When i turn the encoder to the right it registers left righttttttttt lefffffffffffffffffft rightleft and any weird combo of both directions. Meanwhile i’m slowly turning the knob to the right. I’m fooling with settings now.

Ok, I think I have it figured out. Once i get it figured I’ll report back but I’ve found that the dial speed is non issue with the axis and oh’s software. It works differently than the vjoy setup and allows for repeat strokes. I’ve found that setting the repeat speed to high makes the knobs turn faster and low slower. I’m still messing with it but I think it will be superior to vjoy.

1 Like

Yes, the developer of Axis and Ohs is currently working on the software and he’s been very helpful. I now have an alt course knob that jumps by 1000, alt fine knob by 100. heading inc/dec knob, AP, FD, HDG, ALT buttons programmed. More tomorrow. Not only can you set the increments of the alt knobs you can also define slow medium fast, how fast they change as you scroll. superior to the vjoy.

1 Like

How did you configure the buttons and knobs in the software of Behringer? Did you take the example file from the guide I provided or did you use different behaviours?

I used difference behavior. Encoders are Pitch. All buttons are momentary. You still get a infinite knobs.

I have each encoder as its own channel, and the push functions all as a single different channel.

The vjoy way wouldn’t work.

1 Like

I hope you realize that when mine arrives you are going to be buried in questions, like what all programs you have installed to make this work, settings, etc. :wink:

It’s a lot of trial and error. I had to install the vjoy app even to use the axis and ohs tool and that in itself was a pita. So much so I even had to do a system restore. So before you start jacking with midi drivers I would suggest capturing a system restore point and then doing it again once it’s working.

Axis and ohs is pretty straight forward. The current version has some minor bugs with the newness of 2020 but he’s patching them as quickly as they pop up and will release an update soon.

1 Like
1 Like

I tried axisandohs today and it worked almost right away for me. All I had to do was change the behaviour of the encoders to „0 to 127“ and the buttons from momentary to toggle and everything works pretty well now. I even got the fader to work as my gear handle (y) hopefully there will be a lot more bindings coming soon. I really miss a range zoom binding for the map. There is some kind of binding, but that does not do anything actually

1 Like

Got my board today. Win10 recognized it immediatelly so looks like no additional drivers will be needed. After a few stumbles along the way figured out HOW to get Axis and Ohs to see it and working in MSFS. But it looks like it is going to be quite the adventure assigning things. That could be because my board was in MC Mode but I now know how to change that but my 68 year old mind has had enough for today. The burttons looked Easy to assign but the knobs not so much, but that could be because of the mode it was in.

Do we realy have to set up each plane seperatley?

You have to set the encoders to 0-127 mode. And you can save a template and just load for other planes. But yeah, you will have to do this for each plane once… and changes lateron again, not that handy actually, thats true

Where did you set the encoder mode? I may have missed it as I was not in the standard mode. Or just didn’t see it.

Turk, looking at your labeling, was it hard to get the rotarys set to do the min/max functions? I like that instead of using 2 different knobs.

Thinking about picking up one of these. Are people still having good luck with them? One question I had from the link in the initial post. Do you have to run a script before launching the app every time or run just the first time?

I’m using the FreePie script/vjoy method of accessing the XTouch Mini from MSFS. It works fine and you do have to run the FreePie script before starting the sim in order for it to work. The script must continue to run as long as you want to use the controller.

2 Likes

I’m using this, it works very well. You just have to start it after you’ve started the sim. But then it maps the buttons, encoders and LEDs nicely (using SimConnect), without requiring any other programs or drivers. You can also configure different mappings for different aircraft.

6 Likes

Thanks for the link. This looks like a more elegant solution than the other software linked.

1 Like

Could anyone who’s made the X-Touch-Mini-FS2020 mod work tell me how it’s done? The instructions are no more detailed than… “download and run this exe.” Well, I’ve done that, I have the Behringer utility and simconnect (via the SDK) installed, and?!? Nothing shows up or works in the sim. I must be missing something.

1 Like