Bell 407

That mod for 407, changed the amount of collective pitch to get it in the air, it was not accurate at all.

I liked the lighting color change from that green, but it would be cool if someone did a complete mod to it, like the guys did at Fly By Wire for A320Neo.

1 Like

so far I remember, it started with a fix that the torque was limited at 75% and so also the rpm never go down. That was the most unreal thing with the bell. All other stuff was added then later. I also like the change in lights and other changes, but these are more like optional. I hope we get in future also with the free base model the basis behaviors of the bell 407 fixed and mods can be focus on „optional“ features ( and/or the third party helicopters bring an additional level of quality, then of course not for free)

Hi. My attitude indicator on the Bell 407 does not work. There is absolutely no movement
 But it is only, when i start cold and dark! Tested with nothing in my community folder, absolutely no mods active. And why is it so full of green? What could be wrong? :thinking: Thanks!

Look up😉 On the overhead panel.

-There is a large rotary dial on the left to control the panel brightness, I turn it down to 2. It needs work still

-Then look over to the right side, be sure to turn on all three “flight instrument” toggle switches.

2 Likes

Yes of course, the Attitude Gyroscope Switch must be set to On :person_facepalming::sweat_smile::+1:t4: Thanks, thats it!!

2 Likes

The “amount” is as “accurate” as the calibration of the control for the collective has been done. Under the “control options” the settings for “sensitivity” can be adjusted as desired. The slope of the response curve sets the amount of collective pitch, a flat curve is probably best. I am satisfied with the fine-tuned setting I’ve made.

3 Likes

I hope so. right now I use rudder assist and able to fly a lot better. Cut throttle down to 86 percent and that helps to
I will keep trying tho. Happy flying

1 Like

Hi everyone. First post here to ask for some help (hope I’m not posting in the wrong category)
I’m on XBox, often flying the 407. I’ve got CTD each time i try to use the ‘VFR pilot save view’ with the 407. I found tips in the forum, but as it requires to modify the camera cfg file, I guess its only for PC users. Anyone got a solution for solving this problem on Xbox ?

Happy flying

Yes, it is the control options.

Same here. Cutting the throttle to 85% in my case prevents over torquing and losing tail rotor authority. Another change I made was to limit the extremities of the trigger axies so I could not apply full rudder and over-torque the system that way either.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this yet (first time in the thread and a cursory search didn’t show it), but users flying with an Xbox style controller need to make a custom heli controller profile and change the rudder controls. The default heli control layout has the left and right triggers changing the rudder position in steps and does not re-center automatically when you let off like you would expect. If you were yawing left and wanted to stop, you actually had to apply right rudder to bring it back to center and hope you didn’t over-shoot it. I believe it’s set to something like rudder increment/decrement in the default heli profile. If you change it to the rudder axis, then it will respond based on the true trigger position and re-center when you let off. I didn’t notice this until I watched the CFD display closely and noticed it was still trying to apply full rudder in a given direction even after I let off the control.

A) Well done Spotting this with the XBOX Controller

B) Cutting Extremities (Joystick Control BOTH Axis’ Lateral and longitudinal )
This has an EXCELLENT Profound effect on the Helicopter Controlls All round - also on the 206. This is the Best FIX. Setting to Extremity to 50-75% Each side (with Straight Curves) - Made the Helicopter FLying WAY better !

1 Like

Not sure if this is a bug in the 407 or not.

I tried to set up an ADF frequency of e.g 382 kHz, but I wasn’t able to change the second digit from the right (10th kHz) The outer knob changes the rightmost digit from 0-9 and the inner knob changes the leftmost digit.

I tried clicking on the knob but it did not allow me to change the middle digit.

Is there a trick that I don’t know about?

I would recommend you try the same action with other aircraft in the sim. If it is the same then log a new bug (or add to an existing one if it is not already logged.)

Outer 3, inner 8 (then click), inner 2.

1 Like

Thanks. Will try tonight on the ground.

When I used the inner it was adjusting the 2 in the example. Normal clicked didn’t work.

I saw another post under C172 that you have to Left-click and then Right-click. Assuming that is the same ADF radio unit.

All left clicks on my end.

Are you on PC or XBox?

I got it to work, I am on a PC. I am right-clicking the inner knob with the mouse. That toggles the digit that is to be changed when you use the inner knob. Exactly as stated on the C172 ADF post.

Outer 3, inner 2, right-click inner, inner 8

Thanks for taking the time to help.

I’m on PC.

I think I figgered out why your behavior for the ADF knob is different from mine.

There are 2 modes of “Cockpit Interaction System” in the General Options → Accessibility.

LOCK or LEGACY

Yeah I use Legacy.