Best way to play Microsoft flight sim on Xbox

It’s 10 more aircraft not 5 if you get premium deluxe having had game pass but no msfs purchase.

Thank you so much for the detailed information about this. I have done much research on them but wasn’t sure if they were even compatible with the Series X, so thanks for confirming that for me.

For $600 I would expect for these to perform flawlessly. They do seem to be the best rudder pedals on the market though. The only problem now is finding them since they are out of stock everywhere.

Thanks again!

Gah, I gave you erroneous info. I thought you’d asked about the TFRP not the TPR. I misread your post, assuming you meant the former since you’re on Xbox.

I’m unsure if the TPR even work on Xbox, I thought Thrustmaster was suggesting they pair well with the Boeing yoke but I’ve been unable to find where I saw that. I’m tempted to get them for my PC, but I’m still not convinced I want to fly there. The Xbox is a nicer piece of hardware than my 2018 Razer.

Just looked: Thrustmaster’s website indicates PC only on the TPR.

No worries Nixon. I was conflicted because the mapping sheet included with the Boeing yoke/ throttle quadrant depicts the TPR, but I noticed as well on the Thrustmaster website they say PC only (maybe because it came out before the series X?).
However, TM support just e-mailed me back and said the TPR does work on the series X, but only when paired with the TM Boeing yoke/ throttle quadrant.

2 Likes

I’ve the Deluxe Premium on the Series X since day one. When I found out at the time that the game was also coming to consoles, I really wanted the complete package. plus the hotas one, mouse and keyboard, no other accessories were available. I have never regretted it, on the contrary, I was fascinated by the graphics. happy to have the 172 without glass :slight_smile:

yes this is how I use it/ On my PC for the mods and utilities and firing up the xbox for more casual flying. plus when I buy something from marketplace it shows up as free download on the other platform if its available as xbox version.

1 Like

Purchased the premium version on day 1 of release on xbox, do I regret it, no.

I have played it enough to not worry how much I paid, even if it was available for free on GP. Knowing I own the game without GP is good.

I do wish there was much better content on market place though, especially planes.

1 Like

I dont play it often either but for me it’s because of lack of competitors. When it was just released the most I got was 4 players (including myself) Yesterday 3 times no players at all. 1 time 1 player.

I’m not interested in Game Pass. 95% of it is fine if blowing people’s brains out is your thing (at least that’s my impression).

As an ageing simmer, I bought a Series S just for MSFS2020 and am very happy with both. Had zero issues - I’m a GA flyer and don’t go in for tube liners. But that’s part of the attraction, surely, that it’s comprehensive enough for all types of sim flying. Early days, but my feeling is that MS/Asobo continue to do a great job - and it can only get better. Is it perfect? No. But considering how many hours I get out of it and will do in the future, I think the price of entry is pretty cheap. Knowing what I now know, I’d have paid twice the price.

4 Likes

It’s likely really obvious but what does GA stand for in GA flyer?

1 Like

General Aviation

1 Like

That is awesome news!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.