Better Linear Sensivity like 0%?

Hi guys,

I have regoniced that the control at the last quater of the joystick input really fast get to the full input for each axis like the elevator or aileron axis. My question is, it seems for me better when the joystick is set to linear or 0% sensitivity. so it will not get at the last quater of the joystick input so fast. I mean in real life i think it dosent get so fast at full input at the last quater of the joystick axis. In real it get i think really smooth to the full input to the joystick axis. But i dont know how it is in realife.

I have for now the standard sensitivity Setting, which was setted by the installation, at 50%.

regards

Legendsy

You are very correct. The closer you can get to 0% the more realism you have. That said, your controller resolution has a lot to do with the settings you want. While I personally keep my settings at 0%, I have an optical, high resolution joystick. I can comfortably have 5% deadzone and not get any jitter that mucks up the AP or causes strange control drifting that many users would encounter with a ā€˜potā€™ style controller. I suggest starting with 10% deadzone and 0% sensitivity. Try flying and slowly reduce the deadzone until you notice ā€œuncommanded control inputsā€ creeping in. Keep your deadzone above that level.
In real airplanes, most control inputs are accomplished with control ā€˜pressureā€™. Much like driving at speed on the highway, you donā€™t ever really turn the steering wheel, you simply apply pressure. When you master that technique you will find that the 0% setting will give you smooth control at any speed. Pressure when cruising and control input when slow far more precise when moving controls into the upper half of travel.
Practice. If you find your stick does not respond well or feels jerky when using small, fine input then slowly adjust the sensitivity upward until it feels smooth. Depending on your stick, that may be as little as 5% or as much as 60/70. Just remember that the higher the adjustment, the worse your control at low speeds where you need larger deflections.
Have fun.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.