BEWARE: Perfect Flight's Aerial Chauffeur Mission Pack

Ladies and gents, Perfect Flight does it again. Remember the debacle with the King Air Xtreme package they were initially claiming to be an aircraft only for it to turn out to be a bunch of liveries for the default package (description has since been adjusted, but they are still charging about $20 for a bunch of liveries)…

Their Aerial Chaffeur Mission Pack advertises 10 missions and when you buy it, it’s only 7.
No flight plan displayed on MFD. NavLog is blank. The pilot guide mentioned is NOT included either. Manual is full of spelling errors. In the end, the product is simply 7 A-B straight flights packaged as separate missions under the Bush Trips menu. Don’t fall for this.

I will never again buy anything associated with the name Perfect Flight. I wanted to give them ONE more shot, and this is where it got me. I just requested a refund from SimMarket for a falsely advertised product. Away with these people.

8 Likes

I don’t know this add-on but your story doesn’t sound promising.
Will stay away from this kind of stuff anyway untill I get bored of making flightplans on my own.
There’s much to explore without using 3rd party stuff.

4 Likes

Charlatans. I hate this kind of cash grabbers.

5 Likes

There is a lot of this going on. I was reading on the avsim forum how someone had put up for sale (as a payware addon) the freeware winter/spring textures made by a developer. This is on a popular payware addon website its being sold.

1 Like

I made a mistake of buying their Pilot in Command Landing Challenges pack. It was also a mess. They dumped you on staight short final for all those, nothing registered as far as landing. Basically you land, you brake, you use escape and exit to main menu. That was it. No actual challenging approaches. Just a bunch of short finals in a straight line. Never again am I touching anything by Perfect Flight… Oh, and this Aerial Chauffeur product also makes your sim crash after every flight via a CTD. (Same issue that FS Academy IFR had for a couple of days after a patch, which was resolved very quickly)…

SimMarket has now forwarded my complaint to Perfect Flight and asked them to decide whether to issue me a refund. I have also contacted Perfect Flight directly. No word from them as of now.

Don’t feel too bad - I got scammed by them too years ago.

I don’t feel bad. It’s on me to have given them another chance after knowing the shady stuff they pulled with KingAir and after experiencing the landing challenge pack. It was a $13 risk. That’s not even a good glass of wine at a restaurant. I buy a ton of addons and money is not that much of a concern. BUT, I just want to make sure others are aware what kind of developer this is and hopefully the community refuses to support them going forward. They certainly won’t see another penny from me - ON PRINCIPLE ALONE.

1 Like

Many thanks for your insights.
I thought about buying it recently.

1 Like

This sounds very bad. I’ll be staying away. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Just a heads up - still no response from Perfect Flight either direct or via SimMarket.

Funny thing is, this is for sale on the Aerosoft store. One of the images clearly shows that there are 7 trips, and not 10.

I hope they know who they are promoting.

They are well-aware. They were informed of the KingAir scam and asked PF to change the description of the product. I am a little uneasy that somehow Aerosoft wants anything to do with them either. If I ran a storefront, all their stuff would have been gone after the KingAir incident.

1 Like

If you could pirate the content by telling people the list of routes and they can get an equivalent experience…then you didn’t really create a product, you’re just selling a non-unique route.

At least aircraft developers use talent and artistic ability as well as technical expertise to generate their products. With these kinds of flights, you can get the same experience picking a random plane on Flightradar24 and shadowing them for a month. That’s not worthy of cash.

1 Like

That’s correct. It’s not a good product to begin with because of that. BUT the issue here is that they advertise 10 missions when it’s only 7. That just adds insult on top of that. But yes, they do NOT have any unique flight plans. Their flights are literally a straight line from A to B.

1 Like

I find this business model repulsive.
I was about to pull the trigger on the “The Fjords” bush trips from Perfect Flight. Does anyone know if that is a scam as well or if the content advertised is included?

Based on the review I read of the Alps trip they have, it’s just a bunch of straight line flights as well. No NavLog info, none of the stuff that makes a Bush Trip what it is. Also, with the way their other products are, I assume this one behaves the same way and makes you CTD after every flight when you try to exit out to the main menu. I would stay away.

is there no way to report this company?

To whom? I can’t even get a response out them via e-mail or social media… And SimMarket doesn’t issue refunds until the developer authorizes them. The best we can do is what I am doing - spread the word.

Update: Just heard from PF:

this problem happens after the last update of Microsoft Flight Simulator with a large variety of 3rd party add-ons,,

Unfortunately, there are nothing we can do at this moment as the problem is by Microsoft side.
However, If you have Developer mode active, i suggest you to turn it OFF and problem should be solved.
As we will receive more information from Microsoft, so we can prepare an update, i will let you know.
regards,.
Concerning the number of missions, that is clearly a mistake, never reported to me. I will correct now the info page.
If Simmarket retain, can refund the customer.
Regards,
Marco Martini

Below is my response:

Perfect Flight:

1. That’s not correct about CTDs. This issue has also occurred with the FS Academy’s IFR mission package after the last update (it had the same CTD on Main Menu) and they fixed it by updating their product. So you can update yours. Perhaps you can reach out to them and ask them how they fixed their package.

2. I never use Developer mode, so this has nothing to do with it.

SimMarket:
Per above email from Marco, can I you please issue the refund for this product?

Last night SimMarket has issued store credit for the product. I am satisfied. Still not touching anything Perfect Flight going forward. :wink:

2 Likes