Beware the Australian sceneries currently On Sale at the Marketplace

I would caution restraint, at least for now, on sale items in the Marketplace. I was about to load up on Australian-themed goodies marked down and my first purchase (YSSY) was met with a Purchased Failed notice. Two things- the purchase did not ‘fail’ as I received an almost immediate notice of charges from Paypal AND a notice from Microsoft stating that my purchase was available. Even better, I was charged $17.99 and YSSY is listed on sale at $12.99. Upon returning to MSFS Marketplace, I found both the ‘download and buy’ and ‘download’ buttons blacked out.
Heretofore I have had no problem with the Marketplace although I am aware that many have had issues. Add me to the list.

Ah I’m very sorry to hear this. Will you DM me your gamertag and which items you purchased? I will take a look at this and get it sorted for you.

5 Likes

@tacandme1484w I had the EXACT same issue today.

I purchased the Jabiru for $19.99 on sale today, but 1) was indeed charged the normal price $24.99+tax and 2) according to the Marketplace the purchase/download failed; and now the “purchase and download” button is grayed out for all items in the marketplace.

Up until today I’ve never had any issues with purchases via the Marketplace.

I have DM’ed @Jummivana about this and I’m hoping for a fix soon!

Thanks!

Had the same issue almost 3 days ago with the Jabiru, overcharged and then unable to download. Logged a ticket with Zendesk with no response as yet.

1 Like

Dang. That’s not very reassuring. But I’ll keep the faith for now that this will be resolved.

My experience with MSFS Zendesk has been… how to put it nicely…less than optimal. The one ticket I opened was instantly closed.

i had this problem months ago during a black friday sale. The erj 175 was on sale 50% I clicked buy but was charged full price. I made an immediate refund request and the paypal transaction was returned but it took a week or 2 before the greyed out button was restored. It has to be done manually by someone. I didnt mind because I spend way too much buying addons. eventually I got an email directing me to download a small update and then everything was fine again. Interestingly the erj was listed as owned and available to download but since I was refunded for it I didnt download it. I sent an email remarking on this and last time I checked the erj was listed as not owned so someone has to manually fix things… when it goes wrong. (rightly so) so there are hiccups in the process. The greyed out button is actually an indication of a transaction failure somewhere that has to be fixed. its annoying but I have faith the marketplace will get an intelligent overhaul and ui cleanup

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.