Beyond Ultra for PC

4 Likes

So we have to ask nicely just to get back what we had on release day least year?

1 Like

I will take a preset that’s call ‘‘extreme’’. In the meantime tweaking the cfg. They said the XBOX Series X was a powerful machine so why bring culling and LOD reduction?
Maybe its nowhere as powerful as a current gen Mid to high end PC.

2 Likes

OMG. I was going to post that. Have it in my clipboard ready to paste in. Then saw you already posted it.

Well played, good sir. Well played.

Because I can only like your post once…

megalike

4 Likes

A reddit user posted a 4k image of a crj, dc6 or the a320, I can’t remember which one. But other users were calling them out saying “that’s photoshopped, that’s not what it looks like”

Yes it did! On 4k ultra settings with the cpu/gpu to match, yes it absolutely looked like that.

And now it doesn’t.

3 Likes

No, just trying to dumb down the users ?

2 Likes

Like many before already stated, “beyond ultra” does not mean anything when the current Ultra is Medium. The gained FPS are just a side product. I could have had the exact same effect if I would have turned down the graphics prior to SU5.

3 Likes

Does it? I have used this for many months and have not seen this.:thinking:

It should be called “Legacy Ultra”

Or perhaps they could have called Medium “Xbox Ultra”

No, wait. I suspect “Xbox ultra” would probably have given Microsoft management an aneurysm.

2 Likes

They cannot go back to pre SU5 Ultra as long as we have the max memory restrictions in order to meet the Xbox S capabilities.

3 Likes

I was thinking of the file:
C:\ProgramData\MSFS Addons Linker/MSFS_Addons_Linker.ini

There are a few undocumented toggles in there.
The following for example delete content.xml, cache folder and scenery folder:

FlightSimulator_LaunchDeleteCacheFolder=
FlightSimulator_LaunchDeleteContentsXml=False
FlightSimulator_LaunchDeleteSceneryIndexes=True

I thought there was an option to delete UsrCfg.opt but now I cannot find it in the file, so maybe I made a mistake.

But this addon would still be a great venue to tinker with that file if at all possible…

So that would be rolling back to SU4 without the need to roll back? Surely no would would be complaining then, or am I missing something?

Great Graphics, with underrated physics… Is an arcade for babies.

2 Likes

Yes it’s like turning the volume to 11.

3 Likes

Was anyone under the impression an XBX would be on par with a 3080?

I know that in busy airports, detailed airports like fsdt KORD or flytampa klas, or default KLAX I went from 18-20 fps on ultra to 30-40 ultra on a 3080 ti. I can’t imagine an xbx being able to get 30-40 fps at any of these airports.

I genuinely don’t see this as their motive here. I think it has more to do with making the sim more efficient for 95% of their customers, pc included. When this was released the min gpu was a gtx 770… Which u cannot imagine what that looked like, recommended was a 970, ideal was a 2080. I don’t know if any of these users are really complaining, in fact, after release this update was hailed as a huge leap forward for the sim. It wasn’t until ultra high end top 5% users with 11900k/3080ti setups noticed a loss in quality that it got attention and that took a few days for it to catch on. I certainly noticed it with the crj and dc6, neither have been fixed yet.

Do you know what underrated means?

2 Likes

Please tell me… Everyone has their own opinions…

Classic!!
Still remember seeing that when it first came out in theaters.

I recommend the following equally self deprecating categories:

“I should just go back to FSX already” = Low
“Dumbed down for my XBox” = Medium
“I hate on XBox, but my PC is slower than one” = High (running at 18 fps)
“I overpaid just to fund scalpers” - Ultra
“OMG I can really see the difference!” - Ultra + “Beyond Ultra” Placebo

You forgot

“Wow, 30fps on my newly released console matches the 30fps on my 6 year old PC”

MS not overly fond of this naming convention.

1 Like