Big mistake in Sept. update

I purchased KTIW Airport. I was surprised how accurate it was. I even went to the airport to confirm and everything was perfect. For some reason in the latest update everything has been changed. All the building have been changed, the tower is double the height and concrete in stead of metal, the restaurant is gone as is the fire station. Could somebody please return our KTIW they also changed the pattern standard left hand which has always been right hand. Why make changes when you actually got it right the first time? Please fix this.

Belongs in #third-party-addon-discussion:airports since this is payware.

another local, eh? i hadnt checked ktiw lately, but it was one of the first payware i got

Latest update to what? KTIW or WU6? Are you on Xbox or PC?

If you are talking about a 3rd party addon, are you sure it’s loaded? You might be looking at the default version.

I just checked it out and it looks exactly like the pictures on the Orbx website. I don’t see any change since I first loaded it.

Where did you purchase it from? Marketplace or Orbx? If Orbx, did you clean out your Community folder when you installed WU6 and forget to move everything back in? There’s a lot of ways something could go wrong here depending on how you purchased it.

I have it installed from the Marketplace and it looks fine here too. Make sure it’s still installed, and has been updated if necessary.

If using the Marketplace, check in Profile → Content Manager.

Thank you everyone for your help with KTIW. Leason learned, it turned out that everything I have downloaded sinse purchasing MSFS 2020 showes not installed. Never have I encouter such a thing on anything I downloaded and installed and was using disapear or changed its self before. looks like this might be a normal occerance here. One person asked what system I was using. I am using a PC. I did looke in Profile/content and searched finding everything that had been dumped. I don’t buy much form Microsoft Store but KTIW was my second home airport after we were forced off of the South Tacoma Airpark. I landed there on the day it opened, there wasn’t even a control tower only three buildings on the entire place. Again many thanks for the help I have redownloaded everything and will look at it as soon as everything finishes. I have only had the program up and working sience February. I spend hour reading and learning and almost no time flying which was my original intent. Great program but a very steap learning curve. Hang in there with me, I will get better.

2 Likes

Because of the way MSFS is constructed, and how the Marketplace works, it’s a constant “battle” to keep everything updated.

Your best bet in managing the sim and everything you’ve purchased from the Marketplace is, to, after every updated, go to the content manager. IOW, before updating the software,

1. make sure all Windows 10 updates are installed (it’s a Microsoft product, and, well, it seems like the Microsoft Store is EXTREMELY tied to WIndows 10, to the point it doesn’t work if you haven’t installed updates at times. MSFS licensing also depends on the Xbox App being installed, which you can find in the Microsoft Store if you haven’t already installed it.).
  2. Rename your Community directory to something else and create a new empty Community directory.
  3. Reboot your computer is a good idea, especially if you installed any Win10 updates
  4. Open Microsoft Store - Check if MSFS main program has an update, or was updated (I find it automatically updated sometimes.
  5. Run MSFS and install the next portion of the update (which should start automatically essentially)
  6. Go to the MSFS Marketplace and look for any new content that needs to be loaded, like World Updates and install those
  7. Go to your content manager and you’ll likely see some updated products. Click on that filter and update all the packages that need to be updated. You might also find packages that aren’t installed as well, there’s a filter for that, too.
  8. Once you’ve updated everything, exit MSFS. You may want to reboot your computer, but, it’s not likely necessary.
  9. Restart MSFS and you should be good to go.

Personally, I like to fly around at this point for a bit to check things out before I rename my community directory back again to get all my community directory stuff back.

That’s a whole other discussion managing, Community addons. There’s so much badly developed stuff out there, that’s another battle I fight all the time. I constantly download addons where developers ignore all the warnings about not having duplicate filenames in the same Virtual File System paths, and people who don’t bother to rename the files they develop to make them have unique names, like the famous “modellib.bgl” duplicate file that causes so many people to have CTD’s and they probably don’t realize it and blame Asobo. But, as I said, that’s a whole other discussion.

Nice design for managing an update, huh? :wink:
At least this method has been working for me since October. So there’s that.
I guess we all have an affinity for the wild west out there, huh? :slight_smile:

It would be good if you could mark the discussion solved, so people see that you were able to fix your issue.

Thank and if I can figure that out I will do it right now.

You have been a great help but how do I mark my post solved?

Usually there’s a little box on the bottom of every post that the OP can see that says “Solution” next to it. Pick a post and check that box. If you don’t see one, maybe it’s not a feature of this particular forum?