Big Update: Maasai Mara Animal Safari Version 2 - (12Airstrips, 23 Moving Animals Herds) (Freeware)

Maasai Mara National Reserve is located in Kenya, north of the Serengeti.

This addon enhances 12 airstrips in the Maasai Mara with scenery objects and parking spots to start dark & cold and gives you 23 moving animal herds to look out for on safari flights.

HK0A - Mara Serena
HK48 - Musiara
HKKE - Keekorok
HKKH - Kichwa Tembo
HKKV - Weavers
HKKX - Fig Tree
HKLP - Angama
HKLQ - Olkiombo
HKTU - Narok
HTMM - Cottars Mara
HTMZ - Kogatende
HTOU - Klein’s Camp

Furthermore there are 23 animal POIs to be found :

10 moving giraffe herds
7 moving elephant herds
2 (small) moving Rhino herds
4 static hippo locations

and also :
2 Safari Flightplans as .PLN Files to get your started
1 CSV POI File with the animal locations for Little Navmap
Documentation PDF

English discussion thread : Big Update: Maasai Mara Animal Safari Version 2 - (12Airstrips, 23 Moving Animals Herds) (Freeware)

German discusion thread : Masai Mara - Szenerien - VFR-Flightsimmer - Flusi.info

14 Likes

Looks very nice!

4 Likes

Fig Tree camp …. Wow … had a safari vacation there a long time ago.

Still can remember the plane being fueled manually, the ducttape on the yoke, and the pilot chasing away the zebra’s from the airfield before landing :grinning:

Can’t wait to recreate this …. Thanks for this cool mod

2 Likes

A user reported that three specific cars showed up huge in his MSFS.
I could not reproduce it, but I replaced the car models with other ones and uploaded a hotfix for those that have the same issue.

1 Like

@HeapstheBrave posted this video in the Zenith 701 Thread.
I enjoyed watching it a lot :innocent: :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, this is great addon.

3 Likes

For those that have a hard time finding the Rhinos.
The herds are small and they wander about in a very large perimeter.
The western Rhino POI is black rhinos, which start moving approximately eastwards at first for quite a while. They also cross rivers and such.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this. Really enriching the African bush flight experience!

1 Like

Love this scenery! How about adding some wildebeest for something gnu?

1 Like

I’d love to have more animal variety, but the library only has those that I used which fit the scenery. I hope Asobo will give us zebras, gnus, wildcats at one point…

2 Likes

Does somebody have FPS issues with this addon ?
A user on fsto reported this.
I have non and have not heard this from anybody else, so I thought I would ask if this is the case.

1 Like

No FPS issues in my fairly quick test. Only came across one herd of Giraffes mind you, but no issues at all so far.

2 Likes

Working on an expansion of the scenery a little bit …flying a modded BT Studio Kitfox in the Serengeti shortly after dawn.

Will propably be releasing version 2 of Maasai Mara in a while after doing more testflights.

2 Likes

I released Version 2 of Maasai Mara, a big update.

Changelog
7 new airstrips
5 new animal herds
performance optimisation (still gonna be CPU heavy, can’t help that)
some changes here and there
added PDFs
added CSV Location Marker File for Little Navmap
added two Safari PLN Flightplans

3 Likes

Testflight with Sim Update 9 of MSFS, the scenery works well :+1:

1 Like

I relesed ‘Tanzanian Connection’, seven airstrips that give you a route from Maasai Mara to my Malawi Project Addon.
The airstrips are about 40 miles apart rom each other.

1 Like

G’day, great set of airstrips, thanks heaps. In case it’s not been pointed out yet, FWZA appears to have runway numbers switched. 08/26 are indicated at wrong ends.

1 Like

FWZA ist not part of this Maasai Mara addon :wink:
Wrong thread ?
I think FWZA is part of the Malawi addon, but I consider it finished, there will be no firtther changes. If the runway designation on FWZA in that addon is switched, then that’s just how it is, sorry.

I’m really enjoying these Safari sceneries! Such a great change from flying A to B!

2 Likes