Binding Interior Lights on C172

When I bind a key to Cabin Lights, Glareshield Lights or Pedestal Lights on the C172 it does not seem to change the lights. Same problem if I try to use simconnect. Having the problem using ON, OFF or SET.
Oddly Panel Light does work.

I’ll check for you tomorrow morning.

Thats because the lights inthe c172 are not on or off but they are gradually dimmed by turning the lights knob.

Same as the JF Arrow. What I did with those was set the switch on, then set the relevant potentiometer value to a middling value as well. That worked for the instruments, panel, and dome light.

I’m using spad.next
I can turn the radio lighting on with;
LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_7_SET Param:50

I can turn the radio lighting off with;
LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_7_SET Param:0

However I can not seem to do the same for Flood, Glare and Panel knobs.

All I am trying to do is get a simple button to light up all the instruments for night time so I don’t have to use a mouse when in VR.

1 Like

Just having a look at the 172 Classic.

On my Logitech switch panel, when I throw the Panel light switch, the only thing that lights up is the device that shows OAT volts, and timings. Oddly, this doesn’t seem to have a physical switch.

Bottom right of the yoke there is the “RADIO LT” knob, which lights up the buttons on the 530, and the ADF. Beneath that there is the “GLARESHIELD LT” knob.

I’m not having much luck with the values I see in the event monitor for the glareshield. One notch on shows these:

And off:

The following does nothing. In fact, If I turn the dial one notch, then flip on it turns the lights off!

I had more luck with these, which will actually flip the glareshield on/off, but only if I have manually rotated the dial one notch, to its minimal brightness. It will then flip the lights at that value on, and off.

There are loads of potentiometer values, like a 100, and I monitored them all for changes but saw nothing.

This seems to hold the percentage of the glareshield light brightness. It steps in 5% increments, so I turned it a few times to confirm that it showed 30%. However setting that to 100% doesn’t work either.

Similarly, the following will work, but again as long as the knob has been manually rotate one notch.

I cannot get it to turn the switch that one notch yet. The following sequence is me manually roating the knob one notch, then off again. That command gets issued twice, but doesn’t seem to change.

Overhead lights brightness are stored in these two, Pilot then co-pilot respectively:

Glareshield in this:

Yup that’s all the stuff I’ve been playing with the last couple of days too. If we could ignore the spad.next stuff and get the brightness through a key bind in MSFS itself then we could at least then use spad.next to send a keyboard command for MSFS to pick up. So far I have had no luck with this either.

hobanageri could you tell me a little more about how you got instruments lighting to work on the JF Arrow and if you were able to do the same thing on the C172?

On the Arrow I used the LVAR method instead. When I get to my desk I’ll link you to the config. But from memory, the switches do two things: turn lights on, then set a potentiometer to a certain value. That rotates those small thumb wheels a certain amount.

Thanks hobanagerik. I will look forward to that.
I noticed in spad.next on the “home” tab if you press the “notam” button there is a message which reads;
“4/14/21 SPAD.neXt Beta LVAR bridge is currently not working with MSFS Update 4. You will have to disable it for now) (Delete spad-bridge-module folder from Community-Folder). Asobo has confirmed this to be a Product Problem and is working on a fix. Nothing I can do about it. Please do not open tickets about this issue with SPAD.neXt. If you want it to be fixed fast, open a ticket with Asobo/MSFS.”

Have you found this to be the case hobanagerik?

1 Like

You are quite right, and I hadn’t noticed that.

I haven’t flow the Arrow since SU4 came out, and its the only one I currently have LVARs configured for.

I bought the Turbo Arrow, and when I took that for a flight I noticed that the non-Turbo profile was not working properly, and assumed that JF had made changes to those LVARs. I assumed this was the case, and made a note to spend some time looking up the new LVARs.

This explains it perfectly, thanks.

No problem at all. We seem to be trying to achieve very similar things so I am sure we can be a lot of help to each other.

I just realized with the multipanel and radio panels you can add text-to-speech commands through spad.next when changing the selector knobs. Makes operation especially in VR much easier as you know when you are set to com1, com2, nav1 etc

1 Like

Been trying for days to do the same thing with the c208. Trying to get the cabin left and right lights to do the same. All I got was once I turned them on a little with the mouse was then they would spin off with my binding I tried.

Yup that’s as far as I got. Its insane that you should have to use a mouse just to see at night.

Did see this last night doing some google searching. Seems like right now just isn’t really possible.

lol, correct but it is egal to ON/OFF because if you turn to ZERO it is ZERO
If you tur ONE or 100% it is 90-100% so the light are realy too, too, too much lighting what you hope to set it is too much.
When can we have a correct cessna 172 SP NON G100 but NORMAL ONE? This plane is realy important but in msfs it is only a toy for childrens

For a proper non-G1000 Cessna 172, look no further than the brilliant WB Sim version.

3 Likes

yep, in final, all the plane we like to use must be séparatly buyed… When i remeber i’d buyed the 40 th aniv. super deluxe mega monster pack to have this plane…

Yes. Amazingly it’s been 3.5 years since MSFS was released and by now we have a whole lot of detailed aircraft to choose from (albeit not free). The latter have raised the bar so high that I haven’t bothered to load a default aircraft in years, there’s no point.

1 Like

OK, i understand you.
Me, i just bought the game last week so i try it but i understand that i must buy some new good aircraft. And the mega super 40TH aniv, and th 5+5 new airplane don’t seem to help