Bing Data causing crashes with add-on Airports or Scenery

If the scenery contains a .cgl file, it will crash if Bing data is on in the sim. Airports without a custom .cgl should be good.

Yes me too just delete the cgl

Nahh don’t delete them, you’ll have a hard time recovering them after this is patched, renaming to .off or .back or sth like that is sufficiant

1 Like

CTD here using ORBX EGNM addon. Not using any cached data, relying on fresh streamed Bing data. If I turn off Bing data and use the default textures I can load the sim without issue. The EGNM airport was down loaded using ORBX Central.

I’m not certain the CTDs are limited to 3p add ons. On Wed and Thurs, I set up flights in the A320NX from KJFK to KSFO, and both times I got CTDs mid-flight.

That’s never happened to me, and those are both Asobo airports (I disabled my 3p airports/scenery since I wasn’t using them).

Is it possible there’s another bug or it’s just the Bing data itself?

If you cross, pass or fly over third party airports you mostly will still get a crash to desktop. If you are not crossing, passing or flying over a third party airport you should be fine.

Hello!

On thursday I bought ENTO ORBX scenery and yesterday when I wanted to land there for the first time I made a flight EPWA-ENTO. In the final approach to ENTO I had a CTD :rage: so i decided to make another short flight taking off from ENTO just to enjoy my new scenery… surprise, I could not load the scenary because I had a CTD :frowning_face: … I tried to load the scenary like 10 times and ALWAYS had a CTD.

My first thought was that the scenary was to heavy for my PC so very dissapointed I wanted to make a small flight around the other scenary I have installed, the freeware AEROSOFT EDLP… and surprise, I couldnt load the scenery!!! I tried like 10 times also and ALWAYS had CTD… Before I could fly around from and to EDLP without any problem but since yesterday its impossible :sob:

I was up till 3:40 am trying to figure out what happened… I tried 1000 different things with no succes at all, always had a CTD when trying to load ENTO or EDLP scenery… so I went to bed sad thinking that probably my computer was broken or something like that.

Today I logged-in in the forum to ask if someone has a similar problem and I found this topic… So I dissabled BING data and tried to load ENTO scenary and it worked!!!.. I can see the sceneary for the first time but without BING data.

I hope ASOBO can fix the BING data issue soon. The sim looks horrible without it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Have a nice weeked friends :beers:

1 Like

Hi, re-enable Bing (Flight Sim looks so much better with it) but first, go into the Orbx scenery folder and find the BGL file. Simply rename it and hopefully your problem will be solved.
It certainly worked for me.

Regards
Steve

1 Like

I also have ORBX Zell Am See LOWZ and that loads up fine, no CTD. Just having issues with ORBX EGNM currently.

If it were me I would leave Bing data on, and remove the offending sceneries until the issues are resolved. Bing data affects the whole world, and I wouldn’t sacrifice that for a single airport.

I agree, leave Bing on

But you don’t have to remove the airport. Simply rename the airport’s cgl file (to anything you want)

Regards
Steve

Ah! And that stops the sim from finding it as it doesn’t match whats in the manifest file? Clever!

I tried it with EGNM (which was crashing up to that point)
The airport is still there & displaying as it should & with Bing Maps on…the sim looks good. Can’t say I’ve noticed anything different… except no more CTDs :grinning:

Regards
Steve

Thanks a lot for the advice :+1:t5:

1 Like

All the BGL files should be renamed ?

So after the upcoming fix for terrain spikes this will be the next big gift from Asobo: being unable to use any third party scenery with cgl files?Come on Asobo, you can do better!

Is this just an ORBX thing? I just had a CTD departing from LOWS which I bought via the in sim marketplace. First time that has happened. Was in the default A320.

EDIT - tried again, CTD in the same place upon departure. This is bad. This is a scenery bought directly from the marketplace.

Forgive me… it’s the CGL file (not bgl)

Regards
Steve

1 Like

Has there been any update from Microsoft at all?

I’m not messing around with bgl files I would either
A) move it out of community folder to a safe place on my drive or
B)fly to other airports making sure I don’t cross over any airports I have of which I have a few
This is all well and good though if they fix it pretty sharpish which is the big issue here