Bing World Data Causing CTD at Bora Bora and Lake Como

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No mods, only defaults for deluxe version and world updates

Brief description of the issue:

CTD when trying to fly at Bora Bora or near Lake Como. Found using the discovery flight activities. Also experiencing CTD when zooming into the Bora Bora airport on the world map. 100% CTD experienced with Bing world data enabled as soon as sim loads into the world at Bora Bora, before the fly button is enabled. If I turn off the bing data I can load in and fly as normal. The discovery flight soaring at Lake Como will run for a few minutes but then CTD. No issues found with other areas, can fly for hours without CTD. No error messages just instant desktop. Still happening after following all ctd diagnosis steps and uninstalling oceania WU.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Use the Bora Bora flight experience with Bing world data enabled.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Latest drivers v537.42, Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Ryzen 5, 5600X, 3070 Ti, Windows 11 Pro, 32GB DDR4, 32GB pagefile, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Current update 1.34.16.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

MSFSReport.txt (19.1 KB)
MSFSReport-Crash-1062198312.txt (20.9 KB)
MSFSReport-Crash-4277890475.txt (18.9 KB)
MSFSReport-Crash-2731685219.txt (21.8 KB)

Hi @BLUEmako09
This isn’t going to help you, but for some reason I can’t replicate the issue. I’ve only tested the Bora-Bora area/flight. I don’t seem to have any issue zooming that area in the WM (with Bing data enabled). I’ve also started the flight and flown all around the island without any issues.
We have the same video driver installed, so don’t think that’s the issue, but I’ll wait and see if anyone else is getting the issue, and see if we can narrow down the cause.
I’ll try to replicate the Lake Como issue later and see what happens.
Sorry I can’t help point to something that’s causing the issue.
Regards

Thanks for testing. I have tried on my other pc (X570-F, Ryzen 5600X, Radeon 7900 XT, 64 GB DDR4) and it works fine. I’m guessing it is something very particular to the individual machine.

1 Like

No one else having bing data related trouble?

Please check this forum post on how to troubleshoot CTD’s.

You can also submit a ticket to Zendesk if you wish for us to troubleshoot the issue with you.

How to contact Support.

I have now figured out that my CTDs are map data related. I’ve got them mostly in the Norwegian region. ENBO, … If map data is off, I have no CTDs and as soon as map data is enabled, I can wait for the CTD.
I had this on my old PC and now also on my new with vanilla MSFS fully patched, latest Nvidia drivers, up to date Win 10.

If you’re talking world map there is a growing issue of ctd’s from zooming into the world map and a whole thread on it ive changed map overlay to IFR seems to be related to sattelite map data

No, I don’t speak about the World Map. Just when flying around that area.

Do you have the cache enabled in msfs2020 settings ?, if yes then delete or disable it.