Black avionics screens after update

Watching Squirrel’s stream right now, he’s saying now that he’s in multiplayer he’s started hearing dials being turned in his cockpit, others in his session saying they’re getting the same thing, MFDs going blank, etc. I’m now doing a flight with Multiplayer disabled, see if that makes a difference.

Edit: and just as I sent that, the MFDs go blank.

2 Likes

That didn´t help. The avionics still switches themself to off a few seconds later.

After I turned off “assisted checklist” in the assistance options, I managed to get around 5 flights done with only an MFD turning off once (I was able to get it back on by switching avionic off and on again). Before that I’d get random switches/knobs frequently changing on their own. I don’t know if changing the assisted checklist option actually made any impact or if I just got really lucky though.

You got lucky, assisted checklist is disabled for me. Also seems to affect different planes in different ways and for different people. Some people just haven’t had this at all.

1 Like

I don’t understand how this is yet to even be acknowledged. This is 100% to the definition a game breaking bug…

Two things we need out of this game at a super basic level to fly… Planes, and avionics and all of us suffering from this bug… Avionics pretty much don’t exist anymore… Yet… Here we are with no response…

7 Likes

A very odd bug… still not happened here, yet. Could it be data sent through Simconnect or Fsuipc?

I don’t have either of those installed.

1 Like

Patch was released on Thursday, people only started noticing it was a thing on Friday, weekend, nobody at the office. Hopefully we’ll get some sort of response tomorrow. On other bug forums for games, you usually get one or two staff members keeping communication with the players, do they even do that here?

Edit: Another general thing I have to say is they seem to be pretty strict about keeping to the “roadmap”, patch every other Thursday. I’m hoping they change that habit because that’s the first step to rushed releases like this one (and if they say it wasn’t rushed, then they’re not testing things properly). I’ve noticed so many things that have been broken by this patch, and also things that were supposed to have been fixed and haven’t been.

3 Likes

I hope that too… we see what happens with such hard ( “agile” ) timeline in quality of Windows10… I realy realy hope that developers of msfs hold quality as higher prio than quantity.

What we need is a flyable , bugfree simulator. All the currently missing features can come step by step to us without killing the whole game.

2 Likes

I hadn’t really noticed until I was flying the Airbus today. It was annoying as I could turn the dials and get the display back; however, it seemed like each time it would happen the auto-pilot display got worse and worse to the point where it was barely legible. :unamused:

They must not have defined very good unit tests. I’d imagine these kind of things would get picked up in development before even sending to the test team.

1 Like

Possible the tester only used the TDM 390… no issues with this airplane, expect the light of “Access” and “Cabin” doesnt works seperatly since the patch :wink:

Not understandable are bugs like the joystick-sensitivity, this is game-basic and 100% no tester checked that.

1 Like

The blackout happens unexpectedly and randomly. It looks like a programmed failure of avionics or electric bus. Maybe the patch somehow turned on the simulated failures. Not visible in the setup options, but who knows…
So what I tested today is: in several aircraft, which suffered from this phenomenon (C172, G35, D62) I switched failers on and off and saved the setup. Then I tested these aircraft. No problems whatsoever. Good luck? Maybe. We’ll see.

Just tried that, didn’t make a difference for me on the King Air (I was inititally reporting this to be the TBM 930, get them confused for some reason).

Which screens? (There are 6+)

When you say this, what do you mean by on and off? What settings?

You have the “failures” tab in every aircraft parameter setup. There are several options which can be enabled (on) or disabled (off). They are disabled by default, but I switched them on/off to be sure it was saved in this state.

1 Like

Ok, just wanted to confirm that was what you’re saying. I did it and flew around for a while in the Mooney and the avionics stayed on. That little gremlin did turn my panel lights up though.

The radiodisplays are black even when its turned on. And it is turned on, because the ATC works. After installing FlyTampa EKCH, the ILS for dissapeared. And I can not tune the nav-radio because of the black displays. Any solution?

That was my first suspicion as well, but then I had the failure occur when I was on the exterior camera, where the mouse can’t touch any switches. Also, the first thing I looked at when I went back inside the aircraft were the avionics master switches, which were both ON. (172G1000)

Wouldn’t it be cool if Microsoft came out and said “hey, it’s a bug, here’s what’s happening, we’ll have a patch to fix the broken patch in a couple days.” Then we wouldn’t have to f with all these potential “fixes” and workarounds that don’t work. I guess that only happens when customer service matters to a company, though.

#frustrated

6 Likes