Black avionics screens after update

So far no problems with
Multiplayer: “All players”
Air Traffic: “OFF”
Weather: “Live”

Flight completed with Live Air Traffic only, no issues. Going to test with cars/boats/ferries now.

G36 had the MFD shut off four times in about 45 minutes. The MFD eventually restarts and the time needed to restart seems to vary by quite a bit too. Sometimes less than a minute other times five or more minutes. The navigation in the PFD does keep working, makes things a bit more interesting in IMC.

Hmm. It could be worth creating a Testing Event. Get a bunch of people on the same server at the same airport, same aircraft and have person A plays with switches. Everyone else just sits there and monitors the switch that person A reads out. If a switch changes state by itself in another aircraft that person pipes up.

Picking an airport away from normal traffic…

1 Like

Actually this was already done today on Squirrel’s Twitch stream, about 50 of them all flying in one mass, everyone complained of instrument issues and they didn’t know why. You could hear and see all the knobs and dials going crazy.

So we know that flying with others in Multiplayer (no idea what the limit is) can do this. Squirrel said this had never happened to him before that, as he usually flies offline, as do I, yet I get these issues too, so perhaps it’s not just other aircraft but anything that has instructions to move, such as cars, boats and ferries, which is what I’m testing now.

There’s every chance that it could just be multiplayer just working in the background, even with it set to group only. Depending on where you are compared to other players, it might or might not affect you. It’s all theoretical of course.

2 Likes

What traffic & settings for MP?

I always set Live Traffic off for MP, but I’ve still had cars, boats and ferries on, and I’ve had issues. So it’s one or the other, or both.

Live traffic, need to see what MP is set to, don’t recall off hand.

At least with the airbus It seems that the bug is the brightness of the instrument witch goes off. If you increase the brightness it displays again.

Guys - it’s Ground Aircraft at airports doing it. Turned everything off, set that to 100 - everything went crazy.

Edit: Multiplayer and Live/AI Traffic are both completely disabled, just for the record.

Settings for you to try - for me, the instruments go off as soon as I load the flight, and I’ve tried it multiple times.

The crazy thing is they’re only parked models, not sure they even move.

Edit: Woah, so checking the Dev console, usually you get a a maximum of 100 errors and few hundred warnings per entire flight when things are fine.

After loading 2 flights with those settings for a couple of minutes each - 5800 errors and 4200 warnings! Insane!

Edit 2: Just to reiterate, there is every chance that playing multiplayer with others in large numbers can do this too, but this appears to be the main cause for offline flying.

12 Likes

That sounds insane! I’ll have to try that after work!
Not only do they try and ram us off the taxi line they remote control our cockpit too!?

Sorry, I mean Ground Aircraft. In my excitement I typed the wrong thing. Updated my post. :smiley:

3 Likes

Can confirm, almost as soon as I set ground aircraft density to 100, my MFD goes out and some switches flip! Haven’t had it happen yet with it set to 0.

I think this explains why I had those trouble free flights earlier - I’m pretty sure I turned off ground aircraft in those as well for better performance.

2 Likes

Having the same avionics blackout issue - on G1000 aircraft like the SR22 as well as the new steam gauge Mooney M20 from Carenado (which other than this issue is awesome BTW).

Going to try this Ground Aircraft turnoff tomorrow, and sure hope it works. With this current issue, the sim is almost unplayable.

Fingers crossed…

Adam

1 Like

Same here flying the kingair the middle screen and autopilot turn off after a while. restrorking the avionics master switch turns them back on.

1 Like

Turn Ground Aircraft Density to 0, you won’t get the issue anymore.

6 Likes

i am lost can you expand on this please

Options -> General -> Traffic -> set Ground Aircraft Density to 0

2 Likes

Read here

3 Likes

i am curious to know how this stops the screens turning off ?