Black box and cockpit moving parts not animated in Chagual Landing Challenge

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Just 8, but no aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
FlightSimulator v 1.14.5.0.
I can play the challenge several times without the bug, with Next then Restart, but after a while, all moving parts in the cockpit and the plane are no longer animated:
yoke, throttle, most things in cockpit, buttons, flaps, ailerons, rudder, elevator, and more are frozen.

In outside view, a black box is stuck on the plane!
Sometimes it happens after several attempts, sometimes on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

The solution is to go back to the main FS screen, then fly the Chagual landing challenge again, as you can see in my last attempt.
But the bug can come back again later…

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
a quick video:

and a longer video showing it keeps happening until we go back to FS main screen:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Play the challenge several times without the bug, with Next then Restart…

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Intel Core i7 5960X Haswell-E 8-Cores 3.50GHz Processor (Overclocked to 4.3 GHz)
Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 Motherboard
64GB Crucial DDR4 2133MHz Memory (8 x 8GB sticks)
Asus GeForce GTX 980 TI 6GB STRIX OC Direct CU II
512GB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive
2000GB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive in RAID 1 Configuration

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

Hi @RevampedSine732!
Thank you for taking the time to post the videos and details. If you have not done so, please file a bug report on Zendesk, using the “Submit a Request” option on the top menu bar. Post the link to your topic here on the report.

That black box showing up on the top 208 has been present for some time now.

submitted; number: 96903

After the bug at the Chagual Landing Challenge, I started a flight from the World Map.
After loading the flight, Assistance shows the Landing Challenge Assistance settings!

yes, I got that too! I thought it was my hardware :sweat_smile:
I have no mods installed when trying this challenge.

1 Like

How often does it happen?
For me, it can happen at the first Replay (a Replay is the 2nd time you do the challenge; the first being just when coming from the main FS screen.), and I have done it up to 15 times without it. Yesterday evening, it happened several times on my 3rd Replay.

yes, it happens from restart onwards (no exit to main menu)

1 Like

We must be the only two cursed FS users in the entire Universe, because I can’t see any post about this!

Exactly the same issue here (RTX 2060), no mods/addons installed

That’s funny, we can even see reflections on the black box:

This is a bug in FS. It’s not due to addons, and certainly not to the GPU.

I just did the challenge: bug at the first Replay! :thinking:

And again: at first replay!

And again, at the 2nd Replay with propeller not spinning!

1 Like

I got a Zendesk email, and logging to it, this bug is marked as Solved:

In this attempt, I again experienced the bug (at the 2nd Replay) where the animation of all controls freezes.
I decided to stay positive in adversity, and to carry on, as the aircraft is still fully flyable, and it was a good idea since I beat my own record, to be back in the world’s Top 10… Never give up, and keep trying.

EDIT: There is also another thing: every evening, between around 20:00 and 22:00 UK time, FPS often go down to 12 FPS.

Same here. RTX 2080 and no add-ons. Prop freezes when restarting challenge.

1 Like

Hello, i do have this bug too.
First time at my second retry with no mods in my community folder.
Second time at the first retry.

with : GTX 16660 SUPER.

1 Like

Reposting this as I see from a response that it’s apparently been solved but it clearly hasn’t.

Its really annoying and needs sorting. I was working my way up to 3,000 place (not great but not terrible but won’t play this anymore. Its too difficut to judge a landing with those bloody propellers sat in your eyeline.

RTX 3070, 3800XT CPU, 32GB RAM…

1 Like

It seems to happen even on simple flight :
A flight over Island, but in this case there is third party mods.

1 Like

Oh well. Hot fix applied and still the propeller is stuck. I’m stumped

The hotfix is only for performance fix.

Thanks. So I guess we need to wait for the next sim update then. So annoying. :frowning: