Black Box BN-2 Islander - Happy Addition To Hangar [XBox]

I realize it’s not new - even to XBox - but I picked up this neat package today.

Thank you to ChocksHanger for your excellent review: Black Box Simulations Britten Norman BN-2 Islander review

I’m not familiar with Black Box so from the review I had a good idea what to expect and it helped me decide to give it a try. I’m even happier than expected with it in game. Thank you Black Box for bringing the Islander with a good set of liveries to XBox as well as PC.

Being from area, I had to try the AirBC skin and a flight to CYYJ.

I also had to try a shorter runway in a picturesque area of the Mediterranean … the landing was a little hairy but I made it. :blush:

Cheers.

3 Likes

it is a nice plane.

i have that one too

i like it

yes, good choice. This a/c is now superb.

I keep looking at this one, really should pick it up.I’m on Xbox as well

Yea I kicking myself for not getting it when it was on sale about two months ago.

I ended up going with the EMB-110 instead, which is nice and many ppl like it (me included), but the autopilot in the 110 is … unique. I’d take the KAP-140 in the BN-2 any day of the week, but recently I hear there’s a glitch with KAP-140 these days. I was able to replicate the glitch in the 172 (non G1000).

Anyway, I’m rambling… Thanks for the link to ChocksHanger’s review. I want the BN-2…again :slight_smile:

PS: I’m on Xbox too.

Great plane, fun to fly, gorgeous sounds but could do with a good model and texture update.

Great to see some decent aircraft start coming to the Xbox.

Seems like a “Study Level” update to the BN-2 is coming soon that will include a texture update too. BlackBox dev @NightMercury358 mentioned this in another thread, which is slated to be their next release after the Trislander.

3 Likes

I own the Islander (Xbox) and love flying it. I will be buying the Trislander when (if) it comes out on Xbox.